Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much for a cash wedding present?

Options
  • 21-07-2010 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

This was touched on in at least one other thread, but I thought it's worth its own thread.

Many couples now prefer cash as a wedding present, and I think that's very understandable. But how much is appropriate? How much per guest would a typical wedding cost? Personally I'd be looking to compensate the couple for that, plus adding something on to it as a genuine gift.

I was thinking around €150.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Rockery Woman

I think E150 is what most people give nowadays. I got married in 2006 and most people gave approx E200. My sister got married last year and most people gave E150 cash in a card. I really think E150 is a nice sum of money to recieve - the couple should be very happy with that - enjoy the big day!:D:D:D

Advertisement