Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats in your fishing jacket?

Options
  • 21-07-2010 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭

Just had to empty my waistcoat to give it a wash. The smell was starting to become a bit much :eek:

Any after doing that I realised how little I have in it but Im rarely found wanting when on the river bank so maybe I've struck a good balance.

I have - spare spool with flyline (intermediate), three spools of leader, snips, floatant, two fly boxes (wets and dry's/sedges) and salmon licence.

Whats in yours?!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Me. anim_60.gif
    Okay - I'll get my coat .....

• Registered Users Posts: 34 dody

Hi all. First post here.
    In my jacket i have 1 small flybox with mostly sedges, a scissors forceps, bottle of gink, little tub of fullers earth,3 +4 lb tippet, a spare tapered leader and a small torch.
    Sounds like a lot but fits in 2 pockets of my jacket.Enough for an evening session on the barrow in carlow.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭jack01986

Box of flies, small forceps, Gink and some sinkant, tippet material and an old licence from when I fished a river on Vancouver Island years ago.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Necessaries:
    Dry box, nymph box, leech and lure box, 2 or 3 spools of mono for leaders, floatmix, sinkmix, small forceps, club card/permits, polaroids (they go on and off like yo-yos when the sun comes out or fades), jungle formula.
    Optionals: line winder with 2 extra lines - mostly for stillwater fishing.
    Camera, phone, small swiss army knife.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

Recently
    Fly boxes x 3,
    Drys/nymphs,
    Wets,spiders,
    Streamers.

Tippet
    4/5/6lb nylon, 8lb flouro.

Spare spool with line.

Gink, fullers earth, scissors, forceps.

Camera, electronic weighing thingy, head torch.

Net.

If I'm gonna be out more than a few hours then flask and some food.

Early season, big or unfamiliar water then a wading stick.

Phone, car keys, polaroids, tobacco, papers and lighter, spare papers and lighter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

stick of dynamite......for the ones that wont take..........

Advertisement