Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any Android apps for live tv, such as sky news etc?

Options
  • 21-07-2010 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭

used apps such as sky news and france 24 (both live tv) for iphone when I had one, anything similar for Android?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭NellyMcD

There is a Sky News app for Android, but there is a subscription to access live video.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

NellyMcD wrote: »
    There is a Sky News app for Android, but there is a subscription to access live video.
    :eek: subscription!, and it's free for iPhone users? Discrimination!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I think the sky news app must be 1.6 or something as i've never been able to find it 2.1 or 2.2! I just have the website bookmarked on my phone but it won't let you view videos.

They seem to have put most of their energy into the iphone app and neglected Android.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

More and more companies are offering Android flavours of their apps, I'd say its only a matter of time before its the norm to be releasing the app on all OSs

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Install a 2.2 ROM or wait 3 odd weeks til its out officially, then you can watch rte live and rteplayer from the browser on your phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Inquitus wrote: »
    Install a 2.2 ROM or wait 3 odd weeks til its out officially, then you can watch rte live and rteplayer from the browser on your phone.

Excellent, thanks. Will this official update also include the wifi hotspot so I could share my phones 3g signal with an ipad?

So, realistically, are you expecting the 2.2 update to arrive sometime in August?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 martinaoe2

I saw videos of people using rteplayer already and I have no idea if they updated it themselves. :S

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭NellyMcD

Just tried that Sky News app and it no longer works? Was working last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

cojomo2 wrote: »
    Excellent, thanks. Will this official update also include the wifi hotspot so I could share my phones 3g signal with an ipad?

So, realistically, are you expecting the 2.2 update to arrive sometime in August?

I am expecting it to arrive sometime in August aye, and yes it includes the wifi hotspot which is a stock 2.2 feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Inquitus wrote: »

This dosent work for the hero does it?

(Currently running VillianROM 10.0)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

No, Nathan's latest ROM Froydvillain, doesn't have Flash 10.1 on it so the RTE player won't work

Advertisement