Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy Shotgun Mic

Options
  • 21-07-2010 1:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭

Im looking to buy a shotgun mic, more specifically the Audio Technica ATR-6550.

Does anybody know where i can buy one in Ireland? preferably online as i live in Mayo so if it were to be in a shop i would hazard a guess for it to be in Dublin:rolleyes:

Or if anybody has any recommendations of a similar shotgun mics for around the same price or hopefully cheaper, im all ears:)

thanks,
    matthew

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭TheBardWest

I'd probably grab it from Thomann.de - I haven't found any particularly well stocked online music/audio shops in Ireland proper. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭exaisle

Try xmusic.ie but failing them, Thomann is the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭TommyGun

+1 Thomann.de

Best value you can get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

roguey wrote: »
    Im looking to buy a shotgun mic, more specifically the Audio Technica ATR-6550.

Does anybody know where i can buy one in Ireland? preferably online as i live in Mayo so if it were to be in a shop i would hazard a guess for it to be in Dublin:rolleyes:

Or if anybody has any recommendations of a similar shotgun mics for around the same price or hopefully cheaper, im all ears:)

thanks,
    matthew

if you are using for video and need a xlr input I would go for rode ntg 1 or 2 .they are more expesive by about 50euro but good. what input do you have on your camera? what are you going to be using mic for?

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭TommyGun

I would go for rode ntg 1 or 2
    I have the ntg 1, it is a very good mic for money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭briano.de.rhino

i got a sennheiser radio wireless mic kit for cheaper in eurotek.ie than at thomann. 579 all in in thomann, eurotek gave it to me for 508 all in. most other shops were over 600 and well over. The eurotek guy let me go out to the shop in sandyford,co. dublin and try it out on my camera before i bought it and all, alleviating my wories that it wouldnt work when i got it which i had concern over, and if i had got it from abroad, woulda been a pain if it didnt work, or not compatible. Check both thomann and eurotek.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭roguey

what input do you have on your camera? what are you going to be using mic for?

i have a Canon HV20, so its a 3.5mm jack.

I'll be using it mostly to make short movies, but also possibly to make a short documentary like film

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭briano.de.rhino

i have a conon xm2 an its also 3.5 mm jack. i use the rode videomic shotgun which is decent and cheap. and i just got the sennheiser ew 112 g3 for interviews. both plug into 3.5 mm jack input with no need of xlr or mic adaptors etc. as an amateur, pretty much all ur sound needs are met.the rode videomic is around €90 and the senn. radio mic kit is 520 from eurotek.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭godfrey

TommyGun wrote: »
    +1 Thomann.de

Best value you can get.

**NOT ALWAYS**
    this has never been the case in my searches for pro audio, but I think for most people buying instruments and semi-pro it may well be.

anyway, have a look at http://www.dv247.com for price comparisons.

can I also suggest you look on eBay for a used Sennheiser 416? there's nothing in the world to beat it. yup, they're mad expensive, but always work when the rest don't, especially outdoors.

best of luck...

g

Advertisement