Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

latest official desire software update

Options
  • 20-07-2010 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭

Updated to 1.20.something something and backed up supposedly all,went through its reboot and the OS sets itself back to default,l.had to redo widgets etc all over the place.
    Starting to regret "updating"as if its not broke don't fix it!
    Big issue with WiFi at home and mobile seems not as strong after updating.
    Any significant positives have you experienced?
    Slan
    J

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

When is the froyo update due to become available to us? I've heard some time in Q 3, I've also heard December , anyone know ?

When I get this update will I be able to use the WiFi hotspot feature that currently only rooted phones can avail of ?

Thanks..sorry if this is a bit off topic

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Guys ye really should root the phone. It only takes a matter on minutes with the Desire 1 Click Root method.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Yelnahs

Guys ye really should root the phone. It only takes a matter on minutes with the Desire 1 Click Root method.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

That's all well and good, but really, what's the reasoning behind it? I kinda like Sense, and have gotten used to stock, so I dunno why I should root. Don't mean to sound stand-offish, I'm genuinely interested as to why I should root. And to off-set the confrontational sounding post, here's a couple of smileys! :):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Sanjuro wrote: »
    That's all well and good, but really, what's the reasoning behind it? I kinda like Sense, and have gotten used to stock, so I dunno why I should root. Don't mean to sound stand-offish, I'm genuinely interested as to why I should root. And to off-set the confrontational sounding post, here's a couple of smileys! :):):):)
    I like sense too. That's why I updated to Froyo + sense. The latest ROMs are pretty close to the same experience you will have when you upgrade to the official Froyo anyway. So it's just an early adoption opportunity. Here's the list of reasons. But you'll get it eventually anyway.

Thanks for the smiley faces. I was feeling pretty grumpy this morning, but they cheered me up no end. :)

• Advertisement

Ok, I am open to rooting, but do I really need it?

All I want is to me able to generate a wifi hotspot for use with an iPad.

Can I root, but keep my current official ROM, and then just download the hotspot app for rooted phones, or do I have to upgrade to FroYo?

Can I easily return my phone to the factory state it was in when I purchased it at any time,i.e un-root it and revert to its factory state?

Is it really as easy as '1 click'!?

I'm tempted but the main reason I havn't given it serious thought is that my phone works perfectly as it is, and I'm not prepared to put up with glitches, crashes, slower system etc that I have heard rooting may cause..is there any truth to this?

I'm an ex iphone 3gs and iphone 4 owner, and wasn't a fan of jailbreaking, despite everyone telling me it work great, it did case crashed, force closes etc..

Thanks for an advise:)

edit, another factor wold be when official FroYo will be released, does anyone know at all? Are we talking august/september, or more like december?

cojomo2 wrote: »
    Ok, I am open to rooting, but do I really need it?

All I want is to me able to generate a wifi hotspot for use with an iPad.

Can I root, but keep my current official ROM, and then just download the hotspot app for rooted phones, or do I have to upgrade to FroYo?

Can I easily return my phone to the factory state it was in when I purchased it at any time,i.e un-root it and revert to its factory state?

Is it really as easy as '1 click'!?

I'm tempted but the main reason I havn't given it serious thought is that my phone works perfectly as it is, and I'm not prepared to put up with glitches, crashes, slower system etc that I have heard rooting may cause..is there any truth to this?

I'm an ex iphone 3gs and iphone 4 owner, and wasn't a fan of jailbreaking, despite everyone telling me it work great, it did case crashed, force closes etc..

Thanks for an advise:)

edit, another factor wold be when official FroYo will be released, does anyone know at all? Are we talking august/september, or more like december?

anyone!?

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭kesey

http://myhtcdesire.com/

Ask and thou shalt receive:-)

Advertisement