Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

law and bait digging- Rag and Lug?

Options
  • 20-07-2010 7:02pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭

:confused:What the craic with this old tradition of digging your ownb bait.

Yep i dug it all my life but resently heard of someone being fined 80 euro for digging out of season??:confused:

Anyway i suppose rules are in place to stop the species being placed under pressure but TBH i'm the only one digging the places were i go

regards ivan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

There's a bag-limit of only two lug worm per bait-digger and they must be caught on a rod and line.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

:confused:What the craic with this old tradition of digging your ownb bait.

Yep i dug it all my life but resently heard of someone being fined 80 euro for digging out of season??:confused:

Anyway i suppose rules are in place to stop the species being placed under pressure but TBH i'm the only one digging the places were i go

regards ivan

Where did this happen? I'm not aware of any "season" for digging bait, some clubs do have rules for competitions restricting certain baits at certain times of the year, but that's a club rule, not any law.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

There are council bye laws that apply to beaches. No swimming here, no jetskis within 200 metres of shore, littering laws and so on.
    I have heard discussion about commercial bait crabbers laying hundreds of tyres and drain pipes on beaches, and causing problems, which bye laws were likely passed to prevent happening in the future.
    So it would be wise to check the website of the local county council.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

you will have to put tags on them next...........:D

Advertisement