Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Desire, Buy from Meteor or CPW?

Options
  • 20-07-2010 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Although i have my name on the ever expanding waiting list from meteor:mad:. I was thinking about buying the HTC Desire from Carphone Warehouse.

I'd buy it straight away from CPW,although meteor have a new offer if i port over from another network i'll get free calls and texts to meteor added to my bill;).

So if i buy it from CPW will i still get this offer if i port over?

I can't seem to get a proper answer over the phone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭lang

Hey. I gave up on Meteor and went with CPW in the end. Meteor just kept on telling me that they were due in a few here and there. They could not tell me exactly when they would be able to meet demand, but said it would prob be sometime in August. My advice to u is head into CPW and see what they can do for you. As far as I know CPW would have the same deal as if u went to a Meteor store.
    I got mine last Wednesday and best buy in a long time. I've already begun to save €20 a month on my bill compared to my old plan. Hoping this will continue and if I does the phone will have paid for itself in about 6 months. So glad I went with this phone (HTC Desire). Only downside I've come across is the lack of battery life, but getting used to charging it about every day and a half. Sometimes I just connect it to the laptop to top-up the battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭chillin_penguin

Yep same offer will apply if you buy it in the cpw so dont worry about it, however there is a general lack of HTC Desires as HTC cant get there hands on enough AMOLED screens as the main manufacture Samsung is keeping a lot of them as they want to expand into the smart phone market.

I got mine about about 3weeks ago in city west

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Thanks Guys

I'll give CPW a ring, it feels like I've been waiting ages for this phone.

I know the battery isn't spectacular but the amount of things this phone can do , I'm not at all surprised :D

Advertisement