Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning Fees

Options
  • 20-07-2010 4:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭

I'm wondering if anyone can help me on this.... I'd like to know what the planning fee would be for a change of use from warehouse to commercial use on an existing property of approx 186m.sq?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,868 ✭✭✭✭muffler

€3.60/m2 so 186 x 3.6 = €669.60

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Cheers for that. Much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Don't forget the Fire Safety Certificate application fee of €2.90/m2 and the DAC of €800.

Don't forget the Fire Safety Certificate application fee of €2.90/m2 and the DAC of €800.

I hadn't thought of that. Thanks.

Seems very expensive to get a DAC - where do I apply for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Building Control will give you the forms and an application for a Disabled Access Certificate costs €800 per building standard fee. Money for old rope.

• Advertisement

It's ridiculous that it's a flat fee - the premises I'm looking at renting is a small one for a business that at best, will create fairly low profits. There will be 2-3 rooms in it & yet I have to pay the same fee as, say a 100 bedroom hotel, whose flooor area & turnover would be hundreds of times bigger!

Money for old rope indeed.

I don't suppose there is any way of reducing these fees? I'm looking at the guts of 2 grand before I even start the fit-out & my budget is very limited.

Advertisement