Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Downgrading 4.0 or 4.01

• 20-07-2010 2:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,822 ✭✭✭

anyone have any luck with this? Can't seem to get the recboot side of it to work.
    3g 16g.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

have you libusb installed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,822 ✭✭✭phill106

I believe I installed it last week when i first tried, but will recheck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

are you running recboot as admin

libusb can be tricky if using 64 bit 7, took me a bit of work when i did it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭zt-OctaviaN

Ive worked in IT for years love techy projects but god is this what I have to look forward to! ;)
    These poor 3G units just cant handle iOS4 :(
    I would'nt mind but Apple have not commented on wheather theyll offer an iOS version 3.x.x compiled with just the few extra APIs required to run the folders feature etc.
    They also got rid of 3.1.3 backups! grrrrr

Ok I reinstalled libusb and also made sure I had .net 4.0 but still nothing. Recboot just sits there doing nothing.....
    Am using win 7 64

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭grolschmore

i have downgraded both a 3gs and a 3g and all i had to do was use recboot to kick the devices back out of recovery mode. i am using a mac and the 3gs had shsh blobs on cydia.

Thanks, how long did recboot take on map? I have one in work, can try that.

i put iphone 3g in to dfu mode using recboot and then command option restore in itunes point it to 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 ipsw and if after restore it wont leave dfu use recboot to force it out. bout ten mins altogether. i also have my server routed through sauriks!

i put iphone 3g in to dfu mode using recboot and then command option restore in itunes point it to 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 ipsw and if after restore it wont leave dfu use recboot to force it out. bout ten mins altogether. i also have my server routed through sauriks!

Hmmm i was doing dfu mode manually, then using recboot to try and get out of recover. I'll try your way!

Ok, similar enough. Recboot into dfu on a mac. downloaded 3.13 firmware, pointed to that in itunes (all this still on mac) and it goes through. 1015 error as expected, fired up recboot again (exit only). Few minutes later recboot says awake my precious, buy my precious sleeps! with the connect to itunes message on screen.

• Advertisement

are you going through sauriks server?

are you going through sauriks server?

Isnt that just for 3GS?mines only 3g.

http://www.iphonehacks.com/2010/07/dev-team-apple-has-started-soft-shsh-blob-checks-with-ios-4.html

apple has started to use soft shsh blobs with 3g and ipod touch!

Interesting! Ok added 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com
    to the host file, recboot to recovery, restored a 3.13 firmware, 1015 at the end, attempted recboot to exit and nothing. Awake my precious is on screen is all, but she sleeps!

Advertisement