Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you leave school in transition year and come back in 5th to do leaving?

Options
  • 20-07-2010 2:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭

Question says it all!

I wanna leave 4th Year, and com back in 1 year to do 5th and 6th.

is this possible?

thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭newleaf

That would depend on the school. I'd say some won't allow it. If you're staying in same school they might or mightn't. If moving to new school, some insist you start with their TY before moving on to 5th yr. Others will be more flexible. Ty can be quite rewarding, why avoid it? Has your school got obligatory TY or could you choose to go straight to 5th yr?

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Monkey09

There's no reason why not. I had a few friends who took 4th year out and can back in 6th year. Altough they were doing something ''productive''-Went to France or Spain to study the language.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭AirsoftMN

thanks guys,

newleaf: My school makes everyone do 4th, no choice. If you want to skip you get put into the 'L' class. Leaving cert applied. I dont want that.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭clarke1991

yeah just dont go in, its ty, its not like the teachers care what ty's do

my school is very strict, .. I would have to take in a Absent form signed by parents and Sh**t. ... So anoying,...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭clarke1991

AirsoftMN wrote: »
    my school is very strict, .. I would have to take in a Absent form signed by parents and Sh**t. ... So anoying,...
    i didn't know that they could make a person do ty? after all it's not like you need it.. i didn't do it and im f*****g delighted:D! did the leaving last year. imo, if it's compulsary in your school, it's to keep students in school and save their own jobs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

A friend took fourth year out to do....well feck all, but she's going back into 5th this year in a different school

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭.SONIC.

Question says it all!

I wanna leave 4th Year, and com back in 1 year to do 5th and 6th.

is this possible?

thanks

are you bull****ing to try get your post count up or are you lying about your airsoft shop???

how many people do you know that are selling aegs online going into ty?? :mad::mad:

.SONIC. wrote: »
    are you bull****ing to try get your post count up or are you lying about your airsoft shop???

how many people do you know that are selling aegs online going into ty?? :mad::mad:

Hey ... My dad owns his business up here...
    I just ask a question, Jesus. No need to say that man. Cba making an account for myself dude.

Chill man

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭.SONIC.

Hey ... My dad owns his business up here...
    I just ask a question, Jesus. No need to say that man. Cba making an account for myself dude.

alri dude, sorry, just wanted to check that you werent tryin to rip people off!!

alri dude, sorry, just wanted to check that you werent tryin to rip people off!!

no probs, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Caught

I know someone who's in a school where 4th year is compulsory, but she's going to a dance college for the whole year and coming back in 5th, and they said no problem.

Guess it depends on your school and why you don't wanna stay in school for the year. If its out of laziness and you aren't gonna do anything useful, they might think you'd become lazier with the year off and wouldn't work when 5th year comes along, and may drop out.

Basically - ask your parents and school. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

clarke1991 wrote: »
    yeah just dont go in, its ty, its not like the teachers care what ty's do

not able to do that in my school anymore if your absent they send a taxt to your parents!!
    major bummer

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

I know it's the opposite of what you want to hear, but DO TY. It's an extra year but well worth it for team building, it'll help you out academically but more importantly socially. I made all my friends that I still have now, 6 years later, in TY & 5th year, mainly because we did stacks of trips and the like. You'll only regret not doing it.

I could understand if you wanted to go straight into 5th year but taking a year off is not the right move for you now - do it between 6th and starting college if that's the path you choose to take. I did that and worked for a year, enjoyed it immensely but back in college now.

Advertisement