Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any grant advice greatly appreciated!

Options
  • 20-07-2010 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I was doing a Level 8 course in UCD and dropped out after the second year as I hated it and it was way too difficult for me. I re-applied on the CAO for a level 8 course in DCU starting this Septemeber, and I reckon I will get offered it in August.

I have half the tuition fees saved up (3,000) and I am very worried about getting the rest of it together in time and my parents can't really afford to help me. I really want to go back and get a degree as I will be pretty much screwed without it.

Is there any options at all available to me in the way of a grant or financial assistance? Has anyone been in this situation before and if so how did it go? Any advice or input is really appreciated! :)

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭sassypsych

How long ago did you do the last course?

If it was less than 5 years ago then unfortunatly you are not entitled to a maintenance grant as you are not entering a level 8 ccourse for the first time and there has not bee a gap of 5 years between your last course and this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Live4Ever

sassypsych wrote: »
    How long ago did you do the last course?

If it was less than 5 years ago then unfortunatly you are not entitled to a maintenance grant as you are not entering a level 8 ccourse for the first time and there has not bee a gap of 5 years between your last course and this one.

Yeah it was under 5 years ago! :(

Advertisement