Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Rehearsal Space for Fringe Show

Options
  • 20-07-2010 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hey,

I am production manager for a show in the Fringe and we are seeking free or very cheap space to rehearse over the month of August.

I am new to production management as my background is mainly in the tech end of things as an LX.

If you have ideas of a place, please let me know.

We can mention the space in the programme and possibly have some complimentary tickets.

Cheers

Nicholas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭TygerKrash

Nicholas, do you have any particular requirements of the space?
    lighting/ stage setup?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 salokin

TygerKrash wrote: »
    Nicholas, do you have any particular requirements of the space?
    lighting/ stage setup?

Hey TygerKrash,

No there are no requirements at all. We just need a basic room for rehearsals. (big enough for 5 - 8 people)

Do you have something in mind?

:)
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭TygerKrash

Sorry, didn't mean to get your hopes up.. just thought it might be useful information for anybody who has a space available or knows of one.

The Nodrama started life by getting a spare/function room in a pub (Kennedys to be specific) , IIRC we didn't pay anything at the time. We currently use a school hall (we'll be using it during the month of August, so it won't be available unfortunately), something like that (community hall?) might be worth looking into.

Advertisement