Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MANNIX

Options
  • 20-07-2010 1:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭

Does anyone remember the cop show starring mike connors called mannix.
    from what i can recall he was a hard ass detective or private eye, used to love that show.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Bearhunter

Remember it well. Joe Mannix, played by Mike Connors and he always seemed to wear really ugly check sportscoats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭minister poxbottle

Bearhunter wrote: »
    Remember it well. Joe Mannix, played by Mike Connors and he always seemed to wear really ugly check sportscoats.

Thats him alright forgot about the checked jackets :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭brian_t

I've only just spotted that Forces TV are showing this weekdays.

They are in the middle of the first series.

I was surprised that back in 1967 you were able to locate people by their Credit Card useage.

Overall an enjoyable watch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

Did RTE rerun this in the late 80's? Theme music rings a bell.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

brian_t wrote: »

I was surprised that back in 1967 you were able to locate people by their Credit Card useage.

Would only have been the case for transactions over the floor limit which were phoned in at time of usage - online card readers are a mid 80s invention.

Floor limit on some cards, Diners for instance, was ridiculously low and needed a phone call every damn time though. Paying by card was the slow option in the offline days

Online/offline does not refer to internet here - modems and x25 links were the original systems.

Edit: due to boredom I did some digging and the first online card systems were in 1979. But manual imprint and verification if over the floor limit were common until the late 1990s

• Advertisement
Advertisement