Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ghost car video explained

Options
  • 19-07-2010 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭

You've all probably seen the ghost car vid on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSLBtm__aKw), which - considering its from a cop car - can be assumed to be untampered video. I was watching Fact or Fake (very good show - it may well be on youtube. If it is, I'd say its part 4) the other night and they decided to try and replicate the video. And they did too. Also done a nice on on how to make a 'lights in the sky' ufo vid

Now, if you read the comments on the youtube ghost car vid, you'll see its already referenced to but I suspect most of those people didnt actually see show as some of the comments have the thing bassackward.

They interviewed the actual cop on the show, and he stated the bottom part of the fence was loose when he examined it at the time - which obviously is the kind of thing that happens fences after a while. So they set up a fence much the same as the original, took off the bottom fasteners and drove the car straight through it. The wire opened enough to let the car through and then plopped back in place again - much like the original video.

I assume the guy in the car being chased intended to drive through the fence and it was just pure fluke the fence itself was loose enough to let him through like it did. If the wire had been on his side of the fence, then it would have been a completely different story.

Advertisement