Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance and body kit

Options
  • 19-07-2010 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭

Saw a car recently (Stock) and the thought of trading in the current one had crossed my mind.. If I do change it, I would like to fit a full body kit on it..

Does anyone out there know or had come across first hand what are the implications for insurance???

Obviously I will be informing the insurance co about my intention. But since it won't make the car goes any faster, does that really become a factor?

Is it harder to insure?

In the event of an accident will they try to wiggle out of paying?

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Might aswell mention it to be on the safe side. Doubt their will be a increase in cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,993 ✭✭✭Barr

It doesn't add to the performance so wont effect your premium.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

while a body kit mightnt add performence to the car.
    it can change the value of the car if it is robbed or written off.

Body kits can make cars more desiable to rob...

so extra cost and a more likely to be stolen car can increase payments

Advertisement