Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nordea Scandinavian Masters

Options
  • 19-07-2010 8:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭

the tour players are in for a treat this week with a new venue in Sweden,not good for us as no course form but great to watch,it's not a bombers course so look for players that keep it in play,good iron players and putters in particular,KJ Choi might be interesting
    check out the site,looks magic
    http://www.brohof.se/en/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭deewhy

Richie Ramsay @ 150 & 11's for top ten - finally beginning to bring his talent forward this year. I am deliberately looking for a long shot as players at the top of market too skinny for me especially with fatigue factor from the Open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

backed KJ 33/1and Danny Willet 30/1 and stuck them in seperate e/w doubles with Luke Donald 20/1

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

deewhy wrote: »
    Richie Ramsay @ 150 & 11's for top ten - finally beginning to bring his talent forward this year. I am deliberately looking for a long shot as players at the top of market too skinny for me especially with fatigue factor from the Open.

Ramsey top 10 and Edfors outright(33/1 last time I checked) is what I'm going for.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

heavyballs wrote: »
    the tour players are in for a treat this week with a new venue in Sweden,not good for us as no course form but great to watch,it's not a bombers course so look for players that keep it in play,good iron players and putters in particular,KJ Choi might be interesting
    check out the site,looks magic
    http://www.brohof.se/en/
    Looks a peach of a track. I noticed a few PGA Tour players are on sponsors invites this week. Johnson would have been interesting coming off a good showing at the Open but you say it isn't a course for the long hitters.
    I'm looking to Fredrik Andersson Hed this week, a Swede who has had a decent season and is leading the putts per round stats on Tour. After a lean mid season period he has showed signs of a return to early season form in the last fortnight and confidence must be up. 50/1 with Bet365 looks good value to me and that's where my e/w will be going this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭ValueSeeker

Robert Rock looks decent value @ 33's. Will be backing him outright on betfair and wouldn't be surprised if he's up about the lead late on in the tournament to trade out. His game is in full flow now and confidence very high.

I would second Heavyballs' pick of KJ Choi. From what I've read on the official site about the course, it looks like it will suit the long and straight hitters with rough expected to be penal. Plenty of run off areas around the greens meaning approach shot accuracy is essential and the further down the fairway you are, the easier it is.

• Advertisement

Aidric wrote: »
    Looks a peach of a track. I noticed a few PGA Tour players are on sponsors invites this week. Johnson would have been interesting coming off a good showing at the Open but you say it isn't a course for the long hitters.
    I'm looking to Fredrik Andersson Hed this week, a Swede who has had a decent season and is leading the putts per round stats on Tour. After a lean mid season period he has showed signs of a return to early season form in the last fortnight and confidence must be up. 50/1 with Bet365 looks good value to me and that's where my e/w will be going this week.

well it's not so much it's not for long long hitters,accuracy will be key,that doesn't mean the long hitters are out of it obviously,they can hit a 3 wood as far as some other's drivers and then if they're hitting it long and straight when possible the advantage is back with them,i'm looking for good ball strikers the likes of Willett,Choi,Molinari and Oli Fisher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Bourdy for me...couple of quid at 45/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭GampDub

Have KJ Choi - 25/1 (should have shopped around) and Clark - 25/1 also in Canada, both on there own and in a double! Still in with a shout... would be a nice one to get up!!! :)

GampDub wrote: »
    Have KJ Choi - 25/1 (should have shopped around) and Clark - 25/1 also in Canada, both on there own and in a double! Still in with a shout... would be a nice one to get up!!! :)
    that's great but aftertiming gets up people's noses,if you have a fancy put it up before the tourney,otherwise probably best not to bother,i'm not saying you're lying as they were 2 easy picks(you'll see i backed KJ pre-tourney above)but in future maybe put them up b4 they're leading the tourney

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Meltdown central from Choi today. Did you manage to lay anything off this morning?
    Andersson Hed never quite got it going for me either.

• Advertisement

Aidric wrote: »
    Meltdown central from Choi today. Did you manage to lay anything off this morning?
    Andersson Hed never quite got it going for me either.

tbh i never thought KJ was going to win,me i never lay off unless it's a huge price

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭GampDub

Disaster... was at a wedding all weekend and was just get snippets of info from a mate was not a happy bunny on the drive home yesterday!

Was talking to my Dad about the bet and he said ah sure KJ always loses the plot on the last day!!! He jinxed it...

GampDub wrote: »
    Disaster... was at a wedding all weekend and was just get snippets of info from a mate was not a happy bunny on the drive home yesterday!

Was talking to my Dad about the bet and he said ah sure KJ always loses the plot on the last day!!! He jinxed it...
    i was in a similar boat to you,as you see from above i had KJ in an e/w double with Donald,so i'm sick

Advertisement