Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny Arts Festival 2010 - theatre events

Options
  • 19-07-2010 6:24pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    Just letting you know that the Kilkenny Arts Festival will take place from 6 - 15 August this year in a variety of venues around Kilkenny City.

There is a huge range of events on but the one you folks will be most interested in is the Theatre and Dance programme. There are a few performances that previewed at Fringe last year plus some interesting international acts as well.

If you want to check out any of the other stuff that is on besides theatre, you'll find it all on the lovely pink website at kilkennyarts.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭lukegriffen

Hi Miamee,

Thanks for posting that. Had a quick look, and I've seen 5 of the theatre shows already. Are there no new shows out there? :-)
    "A Western" is great, but it was free in Edinburgh as part of Forest Fringe, which added to it's wild west quality. It's a very simple show that nicely sends up the typical western.

Victor & Gord, and Where did it all go right are v.enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 dangelo

why are there never any kilkenny theatre companies included: except barnstorm with their quarter million funding?

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭lukegriffen

I couldn't see Barnstorm listed - as far as I can see, there aren't any Kilkenny productions.

Advertisement