Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Match Thread** Tue, July 20th @ 21:15 in Wes#1- Boardeaux -v- Roys Rovers

Options
  • 19-07-2010 6:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Apologies this is late lads, started a new job today.

GK

Clay

Defenders

Andy - In
    Cathal - In
    Dan- In
    Ed - In
    Keith - In
    Glenn - Out
    Graham - In
    Martin - Out

Midfield

Cillian - Out
    Collie - In
    Conor - In
    Eoin - 50/50
    Gav - In
    Kenny - In

Forwards

Anto - Out
    Ciaran - In
    Dave - In
    Jules - In

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I'm out for this, in work and can't get anyone to cover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

I'm out for rest of season lads. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I somehow managed to get a cold in the middle of summer but ill play if needed which looks likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I'm in

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

In...

carrying a slight knock after 4 games in 4 days, but ok to play if needed.is clay in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Mall10357

50/50
    Will Have a Better Answer In The Afternoon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

GK

Clay - in

Defenders

Andy - In
    Cathal - In
    Dan - in
    Ed - in
    Keith - In
    Glenn - Out
    Graham - In
    Martin - Out

Midfield

Cillian - Out
    Collie - In
    Conor - In
    Eoin - out
    Gav - out
    Kenny - in

Forwards

Anto - out
    Ciaran - In
    Dave - In
    Jules - In

Mall10357 wrote: »
    50/50
    Will Have a Better Answer In The Afternoon

Des, will you bring the gloves just in case? unless you are asking karl of course to be back up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

gloves in the bag. Karl is in Scotland :)

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Mall10357

I Am In

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

How'd it go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Lost 1-0 :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

1-0 loss, despite dominating for large parts of the game and playing probably our best football of the season we couldnt find a away through. Pretty frustrating but thats football

Disappointing finish, but we more than played our part in what was a close, tense game that everybody on both sides gave 100%. even the ref commented afterwards that the standard was very high and he really enjoyed being involved in the game. on the face of it, its another defeat that ends our title challenge, but puts them now in the driving seat, i think they play the top team in the last game, meaning if they win, they win the league. i hope they do.

a draw would perhaps have been a fair result, it had 0-0 written all over it, both sides had chances in the first half, but i cant recall either keeper having any save to make in the whole game, so both teams defended well. we played all the football, we played some smashin stuff at times, but they always seemed to get a leg or a boot in and prevented the final killer ball.

they were a very big team and their main threat was aerial, they put ball after ball down in top of us in the air and we dealt with it time and time again, but sickengly its where the goal came from, kudos to their striker who reacted quickest to the knock down and he finished superbly from outside the box with about 8 minutes left. too late then to come back.

we only had the bare 11, but a strong 11 at that, their subs maybe made a difference when they came on the last 15 minutes, fresh legs and i think it was their 2 subs that set up the goal.

disappointing but we played really well against a team that knows how to win tight games. sometimes you need to win ugly, we were on the other end of it last night.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

A definite 0-0 draw all over until the goal, but there were a couple of chances for both teams. Ciaran's header was just over the bar and they hit the bar and post in the first half.

Very very tight tense game when both sides saw the end of the Astros match.

Advertisement