Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Visa Debit Card question

Options
  • 19-07-2010 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭

im a student and i have the AIB debit laser card, and im wondering can you get a visa card that works the same as a debit card. I want to be able to buy stuff online outside ireland and pay for stuff in shops with visa but i want the money to come out of my account instead of haveing a big bill every month.

so if my account was empty i would not be able to use the card

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭john kinsella

Nope you can't do that with AIB im afraid. Ulster Bank are the only bank that will do a visa debit card. Its the same as a laser card but it works the same as a visa if you get me. I just opened an account with them for that very reason

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

ok cool, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,757 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Yea Ulster bank are the only ones with the Visa debit now Halifax are gone. You can open a Ulster bank account as well as your AIB one for the purpose you want it for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

any chance that AIB will be offering this service any time soon??? or else I'll have to up shop and move my money down the street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Thread moved to Banking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

PTSB will also be fairly soon but I doubt AIB or BOI will be.

Advertisement