Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

France in late October?

Options
  • 19-07-2010 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭

Was looking at school mid term break and was thinking of getting a week in around Northern France. Has anybody done this at this time of year?

Do you know of any sites that have indoor or heated outdoor pools?

Checked with Celtic Link Ferries - camper, 5 of us and berths coming in at €590, Irish Ferries is €740.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Bessa

We left France near the end of October last year.We were south of Bordeaux second week in October nights and early mornings were very cold,but we had good sun from 1.30pm to 5pm. Northern France was a lot colder, when we headed up for the Ferry. Most camp sites close around the last week of October.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭vinniem

Went to France school break last October also, I cycle alot so was thrilled as weather was brilliant..bit cold at night but days were fantastic. Was just south of Paris near Etampes. I.F. to Cherbourg, got a good deal with them. Best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭SeamusG97

dfbemt wrote: »
    Was looking at school mid term break and was thinking of getting a week in around Northern France. Has anybody done this at this time of year?

Do you know of any sites that have indoor or heated outdoor pools?

Checked with Celtic Link Ferries - camper, 5 of us and berths coming in at €590, Irish Ferries is €740.

You can park for free in the centere of Versailles if you wanted to visit Paris. MH parking is 100 m from the train station - Centre of Paris is 40 min. Versailles is worth a visit in itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭here2surf

Chateau de les Eaux is 1.5 hours from Cherbourg. Brilliant indoor pool and 4 great slides. This is a good base to visit surrounding towns. Weather will be cold and dont have winter closing dates.
    www.lez-eaux.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Gvillage

I got a savage good deal for this with Celtic Link Ferries. They ended up only costing €89 for me to go back to France in September. As far as I can make out, they cost the exact same in October. If I were you I would def give these lads a try at least once. I started using them last January and I swear by them now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement