Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greetings' Horse Bets.

Options
  • 19-07-2010 12:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭

I had a thread on this in the Horse Racing forum a while back but stopped following it after a while,thought I'd set one up here.
    So it's effectively a naps thread,except the stakes will differ and I'll do a guaranteed price thing,where I post the best oddschecker price at the time of posting my selection and will take the SP if greater.

Anywho,today I'm going for
    Look Busy 4.30 Ayr 15/2
    Stake 20 euro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Best of luck with the log man.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

More like a bet of the day thing then.

Perhaps you might give a couple of lines of reasoning to go with it and maybe a line or two as to why it will beat the other horses? Essentially mention your angle on the bet and why you think its a good one

Good Luck

PS
    Is it EW or on the nose?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Nulty wrote: »
    More like a bet of the day thing then.

Perhaps you might give a couple of lines of reasoning to go with it and maybe a line or two as to why it will beat the other horses? Essentially mention your angle on the bet and why you think its a good one

Good Luck

PS
    Is it EW or on the nose?

Sorry Nulty did it in the other thread,meant to do it there was in a rush today. Na it'll just be on the nose.

Fail today
    Balance: -20

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Keep em coming Greetings. Theres some good racing on over the next three days, plenty to get stuck into.

Sorry Nulty had been working the last few days unexpectadly and didn't get the chance to have a proper look really. I'll post one up here today hopefully

• Advertisement

Ok was hoping to get one at a bit of a higher price,but I think that
    Saajidah 6.05 Wexford 2/1 is a huge price for it. It's rated 88 in this maiden and it's form ranks 2224,beaten just 1.75 lengths last time. Hasn't raced since October but it's 4 lengths loss to St Nicholas Abbey should put her ahead of the rest,in what doesn't look a great race.
    Stake:20 euro
    Current balance:-20
    Balance after stake: -40

Saajidah came second.
    Yay I love losing.
    Balance:-40

Hopefully I can finally get off the mark,and today I'm going for
    Debussy 3.05 York 7/2
    A very good horse and was back to it's best when winning at Chester in a Group 3 winning comfortably. Even better was its seventh in the Prince of Wales' Stakes,finishing four and a half lenghts behind Byword.
    Stake:20 euro
    Balance After Stake:-60

Lol,wonder how much longer the losing streak will continue,hopefully it'll stop today.
    My choice today is
    Pebblesonthebeach 8.10 Windsor 4/1
    Not the strongest looking maiden race in the world,and this horse has done alright to date. It's last run was in a decent enough handicap at Kempton over this trip,where he finished third. A good jockey in Richard Hills on board,and should go very close tonight.
    Stake 20 euro
    Balance including stake: - 80

Hopefully that can change :P

It's actually Richard Hughes on him,I'm certain it said Hills last night.

• Advertisement

Loser. lololol.
    Change of plan.
    Not gonna be a 'one a day' strictly. I'll PM a mod and ask him to change the name of the thread. Will do e/w ones I fancy and what not.

Right,let's get this thread up and running.
    Tomorrow:
    Dalghar 3.25 Goodwood 5/1
    Stake:10 Euro

Quite fancy this one. Coming over from France for this group 2. Finished about 6 lenghts behind Goldikova over 8 furlong at Royal Ascot. It's a group 3 winner at Longhcamp over this trip and I don't think 8 furlongs suited it. Should see a better show here,in what looks a very weak group 2.

Atasari 7.00 Galway 14/1
    Stake: 5 e/w

I genuinely thought this was going to be one of the top fillies at the start of the season. Was a very good second to group one winning Music Show at Newmarket at the back end of last season and was an unplaced favourite in the Neil Gwyn earlier this season. Has been a bit disappointing since,beaten 7 lenghts in the Irish Guineas and a neck by its winner,Bethrath,in a group 3. This highlights a serious drop in class,and you can never write off a Bolger horse and has a nice each way chance.

Balance after stakes:-100 unfortunately

And Dalghar somehow loses,even when looking like winning half a furlong out.People will have burnt fingers in running on that.
    Opposing Weld at Galway in the first with
    Drumfire 5.10 Galway 11/4
    A consistent group 3 horse on the flat for Mark Johnston,one of his better results in the Millions Sprint at the Curragh over 7 in 06.
    Still has plenty of speed and fitness as shown when he chased home Profound Beauty in a listed contest over 1mile 6 at Leopardstown nearly two weeks ago.
    Stake 20 euro
    Balance including stake:-120

If this goes to -200 I'll stop the thread. Not just saying this,I've never had worse luck than on this thread. Lololololol.

Drumfire was second and Atasari was a disaster.
    Tomorrow:
    Using my last 80(I said if I went to -200 I'd finish the thread).
    Rp Van Winkle 3.25 Goodwood 5/2
    Stake: 80 euro

A superstar in my eyes,I find it a huge pity that he has just been dogged with injuries. He needed the run at Ascot and word is,he's back to his best. Beat Paco Boy and the very good filly Ghaanati in this last year,winning nicely. The champion jockey on board and I really think he has the beating of Canford Cliffs,even giving weight away. 5/2 is just too big to ignore. If this loses I bid ye all farewell.

• Moderators Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Don't give up man, we all have horror runs.

Canford will win tomorrow I reckon, he should be better than RVW on these terms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

greetings wrote: »
    A superstar in my eyes,I find it a huge pity that he has just been dogged with injuries. He needed the run at Ascot and word is,he's back to his best. Beat Paco Boy and the very good filly Ghaanati in this last year,winning nicely. The champion jockey on board and I really think he has the beating of Canford Cliffs,even giving weight away. 5/2 is just too big to ignore. If this loses I bid ye all farewell.

Good luck...80 is a hefty bet at least for someone like me. :)

x PyRo wrote: »
    Don't give up man, we all have horror runs.

Canford will win tomorrow I reckon, he should be better than RVW on these terms.
    If he does,I'll consider him the best horse around at the moment. I just think the form this year is so disappointing,not much of it has been backed up.The joint second favourite in the Irish Guineas couldn't win a race below a listed in Ireland and the second couldn't be placed in a group 3. Rip's form last year was solid,we'll see how much he has benefitted from his last run.
    scopper wrote: »
    Good luck...80 is a hefty bet at least for someone like me. :)
    Thanks,**** it,I actually can't remember ever having a worse run in my whole life. Take a break from betting I thinks :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

greetings wrote: »

Thanks,**** it,I actually can't remember ever having a worse run in my whole life. Take a break from betting I thinks :D

This usually works for me. Sometimes your head is too distracted for betting I think even if you don't know that is the case and you end up making bad bets. Seems normal enough to me. Though I must admit I'd be tempted to take a score from that eighty and throw down some patents or lucky 15's. These tends to cover my bets most weeks even if they never bring in their full promise. Often a change of tactics is just the thing to get going again.

The deed is done. I know that Canford Cliffs has a great chance and there is a serious chance that this thread could be going to the depths of boards hell :P,but I think Rip is too big to ignore. Here's hoping.

Lol,bye lads. I'm sure I'll start one again,after a break.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

unlucky, €200 is not the worst of losses,,the curse of the board logs.:o

Advertisement