Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Underage in The Academy

Options
  • 19-07-2010 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hey Guys,

I'm going to see Fyfe Dangerfield in the Academy this October and I'll be a week away from being 17. I'll be going by myself and don't drink. I was just wondering has anyone had any experience of being underage and getting in?
    Do you need to show I.D?
    Should I just bring my passport and show that I'm just a bit underage?

Thanks a million :)

xo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Is it an all ages gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Rhiannon.x

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Is it an all ages gig?

Nope..

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Chochese

Rhiannon.x wrote: »
    I'm going to see Fyfe Dangerfield in the Academy this October

...no you're not! :pac:

You're 16. Sorry, but it's the law. No matter how close you are to being of legal age to be on the premises, I'm 100% sure you will not be allowed in (without breaking any laws yourself).

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭bonerjams03

Yeah, just go. I remember after turnuig 18 it being an odd experience for me not to be shíttin it before doors opened, hoping they wouldn't ID everybody. They're generally stricter in smaller places/clubs like the Academy but ya could probably just end up handing in your ticket without the steward taking a second look at ya. Luck of the draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

Probably worth saying as well that if you're female you have a much better chance of getting in while underage!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭highnc

i went to two gigs last year at the Academy and they were checking alot of people's IDs. you might get lucky though

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭DylanJames

Academy are strict on checking IDs for all gigs, I've gone to numerous gigs there this year and everytime i've been asked for I.D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea i remember a group of us went to Black Stone Cherry there in 2008 and most of my friends were not allowed into the gig (fair enough they didnt have ID on them) but they didnt look under 18. We also bumped into a girl that we had played a gig with and they wouldnt let her in even though her passport or Garda ID was out of date so she had to run down to the police station and get it signed and then come back up. Saying that since then ive never been asked for ID there

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement