Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roofing cost help required

Options
  • 19-07-2010 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

We are building an extension to our cottage/bungalow at the moment (direct labour)
    Its 55.2m2. We are buying the materials oursleves and have being quoted crazy money by a carpenter for the roof. Any ideas of typical costs?
    1 apex joing in with the existing bungalow and another smaller apex coming out from that.
    See attached sketch

Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭bravojohnny

Hi Teachin beag,

Where abouts are you located in Tipp?

My brother is a roofing carpenter I could get him to give you a quote?

Aslo I'm an architectural technician myself & I can recommend a good roofing company to supply you with slates etc.s.

PM me if your interested

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

I think your first step should be to visit a QS to get a schedule of materials drawn up. You'll save your QS costs several times over.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Teachin beag

Thanks for the replies folks. Just looking for typicals. My bro in law is running the show for us but i was looking for a typical price based on size or how the cost is calculated. Like our plumber and electrician gave me a price per hour for labour and how many days it would take.Basically looking for something similar.The quote we got was not detailed, just a figure.

Advertisement