Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roscommon supporters behaved like animals in Castlebar today

Options
  • 18-07-2010 10:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭

After the Sligo match druken flutes all from Roscommon (the Sligo support conducted themselves with a suprisingly pleasant dignity) caused rampage in Castlebar. They were fighting amongst themselves, attacking cars with sligo colours, throwing objects at cars, urinating in public, stealing (yes they were pickpocteting at the game), abusing the use of vuvuzelas and acting the maggot in general. Traffic was held up for one hour because of them. In fairness to the guards I heard 10 were arrested but there were at least 50 complete animals in Roscommon colours today. The county of Roscommon really went down in my estimation and I hope they won't be back in Castlebar anytime soon.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Lets ban football, drives our youth wild

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭alabandical

How do you "abuse the use of a vuvuzela"?
    And when would the county of Roscommon ever feel the need to go to Castlebar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 MrMagic1

Give Joe a ring

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

After the Sligo match druken flutes all from Roscommon (the Sligo support conducted themselves with a suprisingly pleasant dignity) caused rampage in Castlebar. They were fighting amongst themselves, attacking cars with sligo colours, throwing objects at cars, urinating in public, stealing (yes they were pickpocteting at the game), abusing the use of vuvuzelas and acting the maggot in general. Traffic was held up for one hour because of them. In fairness to the guards I heard 10 were arrested but there were at least 50 complete animals in Roscommon colours today. The county of Roscommon really went down in my estimation and I hope they won't be back in Castlebar anytime soon.

Bullsh1t. There is not one single mention of any crowd trouble in any media outlets nor on any other forums/discussion sites, GAAboard, hoganstand etc.

You posted this same crap on the GAA forum and it was deleted by the mods as you have nothing to back it up and I hope this will be too.

You are a wind up merchant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭rn

Your quoted "50" children who were drinking is not representative of 10000 Roscommon GAA supporters that were in Castlebar yesterday.

Infairness anyone can wear the colours of a county... we don't vet anyone.

I like how you can generalise a whole county by a max of 20 young lads who were causing trouble. I saw the young lads fighting in the ground after the game and in fairness Roscommon supporters stepped in at that stage because mayo stewards weren't a) interested or b) competent enough.

It was a completely isolated event and if the stewards had got the guards when I asked them later events may not have transpired. However whatever minor damage was caused has been dealth with the 10 arrests. However if you bring 23000 people to any venue and mix in alcohol you are likely to get some mild trouble. I would say it has been dealth with and you are completely overreacting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭NUIG_FiannaFail

Bullsh1t. There is not one single mention of any crowd trouble in any media outlets nor on any other forums/discussion sites, GAAboard, hoganstand etc.

You posted this same crap on the GAA forum and it was deleted by the mods as you have nothing to back it up and I hope this will be too.

You are a wind up merchant.

Were you in Catlebar lastnight? I can assure you there were several arrests and attacks on cars.

If soccer fans had behaved this way it would have been all over the news. GAA boggers get away with anything just because "they are having the craic"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭yungwan

Were you in Catlebar lastnight? I can assure you there were several arrests and attacks on cars.

If soccer fans had behaved this way it would have been all over the news. GAA boggers get away with anything just because "they are having the craic"

Well they hardly got away with it if some of the culprits were arrested then did they?:rolleyes:

I agree with you that *some* Roscommon supporters were behaving badly. But as a fellow Rossie I think it is dissapointing that you tar all the supporters with the same brush. 99% of them were well behaved, not everyone was badly. Dont be one of those people who tar everyone!

And FYI I did see *some* Sligo supporters acting really rowdy too. SO it was both sides.

Dont try to take our win away from us. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

obvious troll is obvious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭cardoor

Checkout the other threads he started. Most of them are locked :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

If you have links or similar backup for this then PM me it.
    Lock.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement