Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hypothetical WW3

Options
  • 18-07-2010 10:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭

Not sure it this is the right forum, and not saying I think it will happen, but could make an interesting scenario for a game or think about

But if it did happen, who do you think would be involved or what would trigger it? Say if China and the US clashed over Taiwan would that spark something off, with North Korea taking a chance to attack the south, and the Middle East attacking Israel? Possibly with Venezuala and allies attempting something with Colombia? What would Russia do in such a situation?

Map:
    http://img202.imageshack.us/f/worldmapwadeshepardtrav.jpg/

Blue:US, allies
    Red: China, allies
    Pink: Iran, Pakistan, allies
    Orange: Venezuala, allies (maybe not war, but hostile)
    Green: Russia
    Grey: Neutral, countries i don't have a clue about

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

I think North Korea is over rated. The only weapon they have is the fear of nuclear strike.

While they do have a very large army, most of there equipment is from the cold war era.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Say if China and the US clashed over Taiwan
    China could just ask for all the money it has lent to the USA, and then the USA would be bankrupt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

The next World War will be when those damn French-Chinese try to claim Hawaii.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

I would hypothesise USA vs China & Russia, with the EU eventually being dragged into conflict due to strategic locations. Ireland would be fecked in that case. No participating nations would set foot on the other's soil as this will be the last straw that leads to nuclear retaliation.
    The battle fields would be Africa & the middle east.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Kingpin187

I think there will be a major conflict in the next 5 years

Russia & China plus allies, vs. US & allies.. something between Iran/Israel will trigger it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

GaNjaHaN wrote: »
    I would hypothesise USA vs China & Russia, with the EU eventually being dragged into conflict due to strategic locations. Ireland would be fecked in that case. No participating nations would set foot on the other's soil as this will be the last straw that leads to nuclear retaliation.
    The battle fields would be Africa & the middle east.
    ww3 started years ago bud no need for guns,it's financial now.

Advertisement