Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

18th Of July

Options
  • 18-07-2010 9:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

That was excellent!

How the hell do they get away with driving those sheds on the public roads?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

Agreed I LOLed at that segment
    Jeremys effort class!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

I laughed a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

Is it just me or is Top Gear very close to "Jumping the shark"? (if they haven't already). Actually found myself channel surfing while it was on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

That was one of the worst episodes I've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

Have to agree that episode was pretty poor! Even made tea half way through Andy Garcia's piece...yawn.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

This week was the best so far of the new series.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

Maybe given how s**t the weather is I'm being harsh...apologies:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Thought the whole caravan part was excellent! Lol'd many times! Wasnt much to it if it wasnt for it, star in the car want great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Tiny Explosions

Andrew33 wrote: »
    Is it just me or is Top Gear very close to "Jumping the shark"? (if they haven't already). Actually found myself channel surfing while it was on.

Yea it's like groundhog day...they've being repeating the same old jokes and challenges for years now!

Why do I keep watching though!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

aw man - I honestly thought that when the first segment featured an R8 V Porsche tha tthe show would be back on form, I was SO wrong............it's meant to be a car show - if I want to watch three men have a mid-life crisis, I can go to any local pub - please Top Gear, go back to what the show is about - CARS!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Super episode. More of the same please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

cjmcork wrote: »
    it's meant to be a car show

Top Gear hasn't been a car show in a LONG time man. It more entertainment based now, Quentin Wilson has some yawnfest good articles about cars I hear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Top Gear are now the tv version of a "Heritage Rock" band, touring to sell out crowds every couple of years but who conspicuously have not recorded a new album in many years.

It was perfectly okay but I'll be damned if I can remember a single thing that happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

Meh. The most amusing bit was Jeremy driving that thing around on the open road. All in all I didn't like it, it's just so predictable now it's unfunny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

I thought that was the best episode of the this series so far, yeah you can more or less predict what will happen but it's still funny when it does happen.

I'd get rid of the Star in a reasonably priced car though, I'm just glad I'm able to record the show as I always fast forward through this part as I find it crap.

I'd get rid of the Star in a reasonably priced car though, I'm just glad I'm able to record the show as I always fast forward through this part as I find it crap.
    I agree with you entirely. It is only an excuse to plug whatever book, film or event the "star" is involved in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

I thought the idea was great - I thought the challenges could of been better.
    I was disappointed with the end of it - it was so predictable and ruined it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

I was disappointed by this episode and reckon that the budget for the programme must have been cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,275 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I hope they cleaned up the caravan thing off the cliff afterwards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭AlmostFamous

In defence of Top Gear, it is now in its in a fifteenth series so it is understandably a bit stale. I enjoyed the episode but Andy Garcia wasn't entertaining at all and his segment in the show was really poor as others have said. Their antics and jokes are predictable at this point and it seems like they are trying a bit too hard.

My favourite episode of the season 15 was by far the first one with the reliant robin. I was laughing so hard and the memories of Only Fools and Horses came flooding back. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I won't deny that parts of the motorhome thing were fairly irritating. It's a shame they seem to script everything (yes, I know) every step of the way, it still raised a smile or two even if they went a little too far in the repetition of the fire, etc.

They used to do gags about 'if you're 8 you can stay up late for this', whereas now it's all gags about erections and Brazilian waxing.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

How is it legal to drive around with something like that attatched to your car?

I spent the whole time going "Oh God, it's going to tip over and kill everyone on that motorway" even though I knew it wouldn't really ;)

phasers wrote: »
    How is it legal to drive around with something like that attatched to your car?

I spent the whole time going "Oh God, it's going to tip over and kill everyone on that motorway" even though I knew it wouldn't really ;)
    Faked possibly.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Podgoricka

anyone know where i can watch this online?? ..... for free of course :p

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

i liked the caravan film they made but the rest was pretty poor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Akrasia wrote: »
    I hope they cleaned up the caravan thing off the cliff afterwards

Did we see a close up I can't remember? That could have been CGI.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Podgoricka wrote: »
    anyone know where i can watch this online?? ..... for free of course :p

Its repeated tomorrow on BBC2.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Andrew33 wrote: »
    Is it just me or is Top Gear very close to "Jumping the shark"? (if they haven't already).
    Though I am loath to admit it, I was thinking exactly the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,739 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Wasn't great this week I thought..

The Star In the Reasonably Priced Car bit I always skip through anyway, so no comment.

The motorhome bit was a bit tired and predictable (especially the fire) given that they've done the camping this before, and the untimely demise of Jeremy's effort I knew was coming when they first parked up on the cliff.

I don't get why people keep going on about cars though.. it hasn't been about cars in a long time - it's an general entertainment show that happens to feature cars! It's like going to see the new A-Team movie and complaining that it didn't challenge you intellectually! :p

There was nothing wrong with the episode as such I suppose, it's more that they're just running out of ideas at this stage which, 15 seasons in, is bound to happen - sure the Simpsons stopped being good long before that (season 10 in my opinion).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭PJTierney

I didn't like the bit at the end where Clarkson's Grand Design goes off the cliff, but other than that, wasn't bad.

Advertisement