Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Information systems part time

Options
  • 18-07-2010 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭

Hi,

So ive been accepted to the bsc in information systems evening course. Workwise my situation has changed since i applied to the course and ive been forced to work a lot more hours than i thought i would be. In trinity what happens if you miss classes or labs can you redo labs at later dates. Can missing classes result in you not been allowed to go forward.

I would be a good student and in my previous course i was missing from some classes but alway studied material in my own time and caught up on everything i missed. It was in NCI and they didnt really care if you missed classes.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭preilly79

I took part in the sister course, Business and IT. These courses share modules so I think I can answer.

There's no record of attendance kept so you should not have to worry about missed classes going against your ability to sit exams (there were two classes that for me were just repeating information that I already require to do my job so didn't attend any - that was not an issue for me).

lecturers will place notes and readings on a website (which is terrible) but lectures aren't recorded so you will obviously miss insight by not attending. however, we had permission from all our lecturers to record the audio. there was always somebody recording and these were shared amongst the class (do make sure to get permission though).

bet of luck though. 4 years of evening lectures is tough! i got through it but I can't say it was easy.

If i can give you one piece of advice: start revising straight away. condense and expand your notes from lecture 1 onwards, stick with it, and you'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

Thanks, yes ive already started looking at some of the material that will be covered, would like to keep ahead to make it easy on my self. Im going into 3rd year so its not too bad :)

Advertisement