Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA level 2 moving to BTEA level 3!

Options
  • 18-07-2010 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I was on the BTEA level 2 from last september till 1st of June this year due to doing an access course and I signed back on straight away when the BTEA finished. But now I have accepted my college place so I will be progressing on to level 3 which I will apply for in next couple of days. My question is for me to get the BTEA level 3 I have to keep signing on until I get back to college? If I take a job in the mean time will I not qualify for the btea next september? Any help would be greatful?

Regards,

Magic!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Postit

You have to keep your dole claim open in order to qualify for BTEA this Sept.

Basically, if you take a full-time job this summer you will lose all entitlement to BTEA this Sept because you will not have the 12 month (312 days) rule fulfilled. (Months you have claimed BTEA count towards the 12 month rule).

If for example you were to work part-time this summer up to three days per week, you can claim the dole for the other three days, thus keeping your dole claim open, but be aware that you need to have 312 days (excluding Sundays) claiming BTEA & dole built up before the date lectures start in order to qualify.

This only applies to this year as you were on a one year course. Next year you'll be on a three/four year course and you can work away no problem during the summer.

Advertisement