Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Passion Play Oberammargau Germany

Options
  • 18-07-2010 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

2 of us intend travelling to Oberammargau Germany end of August to attend the 10 yearly passion Play. Anyone been to it so far and if so any tips on getting tickets accommodation etc. It appears that one can only book a package deal online or through designated travel agents as surplus tickets are only released 4 days prior to the shows. Any advice tickets accommodation trains etc would be appreciated thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭John C

Website: http://www.oberammergau-passion.com/en-gb/home/home.html

Vorab habe ich veraltete Auskuft. Firstly my information could be stale and dated.
    I have never been to this play. (I did once cycle to Oberammergau).

In June I read a four page article about the play. Tickets were to be had, usual story the nearer the date the dearer. This article was about local actors, restaurants, hotels, visitors and so on.

A woman in my group was at the play. She was enthusiasing about it. She is away until August.
    Thus I have very little info about accomodation. We in Upper Bavaria can drive there and back. If I spot something in 'the paper', tv or internet I could post it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 chair1

Thanks for your help would love to be able to cycle to Oberammagau but the sea distance and time poses a slight problem so it will have to be the old traditional plane and train if am to get there before Oct 3rd when it finishes until 2020. I would greatly appreciate if you could post anything you might come across regarding cheap and easy!! ways to get tickets and accommodation in Oberammargau as it seems to be a very expensive show to attend particularly when you add on flights and accommodation

chair1 wrote: »
    Thanks for your help would love to be able to cycle to Oberammagau but the sea distance and time poses a slight problem so it will have to be the old traditional plane and train if am to get there before Oct 3rd when it finishes until 2020. I would greatly appreciate if you could post anything you might come across regarding cheap and easy!! ways to get tickets and accommodation in Oberammargau as it seems to be a very expensive show to attend particularly when you add on flights and accommodation

I have met a lady, who was at that play this summer. She had a group booking of four persons. They had booked in 2010. Hotel was included in the booking. She was delighted with the play.

She mentioned that some seats were empty. Usually it is the dearest seats. I asked about the standby booking system. One is only told the evening before that they have a chance of a ticket. In your case that would mean being within driving distance of Oberammergau.

Oberammergau Passion play Website: http://www.passionsspiele2010.de/

Tageskasse - Karten verfügbar an den nächsten 4 Spieltagen:
    DI 31.08.2010 105 Karten GONE
    DO 02.09.2010 100 Karten GONE
    FR 03.09.2010 70 Karten
    SA 04.09.2010 0 Karten

Tageskasse ab 12.00 Uhr geöffnet. Es können nur Karten für den jeweiligen
    Spieltag erworben werden. Cash outlet for day tickets opens at 12:00 noon. Only tickets for the play on that day are sold.

Arrangements mit Übernachtung und Ticket noch an allen Tagen verfügbar. Arrangements/performances with overnight stay and ticket are still available for every day

Here is another link: http://www.passionsspiele2010.de/index.php?id=173

Momentan sind ausreichend Karten mit Übernachtung erhältlich. Wir empfehlen Ihnen den Erwerb eines 1- oder 2- Tagesarrangements zu den Passionsspielen 2010 At the moment there are some tickets with accomodation available. We recommend purchasing a 1- 2 day arrangement for the passion play 2010.

This leads to this webpage: http://www.passionsspiele2010.de/index.php?id=255
    freie Zimmer vorhanden =rooms available
    nur noch wenige freie Zimmer vorhanden = there are still a few rooms available

For online bookings: https://www.muenchenticket.de/shop/pso/online/index.php3?shopid=14&language=1

• Registered Users Posts: 3 chair1

Thanks for all your help and information. I have just returned from Oberammergau, it was a wonderful experience and the play was excellent and uplifting. We went with the 2 day package which included accommodation meals and tickets to the play as it seemed the easier option. Tickets only become available 1 day before the show and one must take a chance and join the queue and some days no tickets become available. We attended the show on Sunday past and it was a full house with over 4,700 people attending. We flew from Ireland on Friday night stayed overnight in Munich, travelled by train to Oberammergau (approx 2hours) on Saturday morning attended the play on Sunday, returned to Munich on Monday morning to catch our flight to Dublin Ireland. It was all a bit rushed but worth it all as play finishes for another 10 years on October 3rd.

• Advertisement
Advertisement