Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timoleague Festival

Options
  • 18-07-2010 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,714 ✭✭✭

The website only mentions the music but what else happens? Is it true that they do a pig run? Some sort of fancy dress night?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 timo87

Hi I'm actually from the village as my username might suggest!

It's been going on since Friday and has brought huge crowds down although some of the younger crowd were a bit messy on the Saturday for the republic of loose.

There was a fashion show Friday presented by Katherine Thomas, and Music in the Dome on Saturday and Sunday.

Last night there was The Star Search Talent Competition for 12 to 21 year olds and it was a huge success by all accounts, with a local girl Clara Harte beating competiton from around the county to win a recording contract and a cheque for €1000.

Theres music on the street tonight, Mary Black in the Dome tommorrow, BBQ on Friday night Fred and The Killkennys at the weekend. The adult fancy dress was on sunday and was a good laugh.

Other events on during the week will include Lawnmower racing , Pig Racing, Pillow fights and a kids fancy dress. There is also a GAA Camp on in the field and a funfair in the village.

To be fair it's very well done and is all Voluntary, with proceeds going to fund projects for the community its definitley one of the best festivals of it's kind around the area. This is reflected by the fact that it's still managing to draw the crowds this year, especially for the bigger events.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,714 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

i heard there is pig racing, whats that involve and is it over?

Advertisement