Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

notice anything funny about this Donedeal ad?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

Unless he's living in a huge dome it aint dry stored?

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭CarMuppet

Yeah he's got a Passat for sale that's stuck at 55mph. That must be awkward.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭corglass

CarMuppet wrote: »
    Yeah he's got a Passat for sale that's stuck at 55mph. That must be awkward.

spot on, I laughed a little

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

corglass wrote: »
    spot on, I laughed a little

Its some looking heap of junk. Ex us army I see. He would want to call the army himself his yard looks like a bomb hit it.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭martydunf

Id avoid like the plague.

Its never gonna sell in this economy btw.

5.2 V8 pick up FFS!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭mickeypat

one photo shows its a manual and another shows it being an automatic he must have two of em:edit the second gear must be for the 4wd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

CLASSIC DODGE RAM made me laugh. Substitute classic for any number of adjectives here. Awful, ugly, useless...........

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭Barr

Jaysus u'd be laughed out of town if you rolled up in one of them. Love to know its MPG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Barr wrote: »
    Jaysus u'd be laughed out of town if you rolled up in one of them. Love to know its MPG.

In the negative I'd imagine. You actually ahve to follow it around with an oil truck and continually refuel:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭skyhighflyer

martydunf wrote: »
    Id avoid like the plague.

Its never gonna sell in this economy btw.

5.2 V8 pick up FFS!

I'm not sure. Granted, that doesn't seem the cleanest example. But I've often thought about an American muscle car and may take the plunge some day.

Despite the cost of fuel, they're actually one of the cheapest cars you can run. Classic tax, classic insurance, (pre-1980) and they were built to last and to travel long distances, unlike many European cars of the era. You still see plenty pre-80s cars on the road in the US.

As well as this, they're remarkably easy to work on and parts are readily available new and used off e-Bay. Most have huge online followings in the US which means you can almost always self-diagnose any problems. Add this to classic tax, dirt cheap insurance on a classic policy and it could make sense for someone with a bit of mechanical knowledge doing low miles a year.

Oy maybe this is just just Sunday afternoon wishful thinking :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭martydunf

I'm not sure. Granted, that doesn't seem the cleanest example. But I've often thought about an American muscle car and may take the plunge some day.

Despite the cost of fuel, they're actually one of the cheapest cars you can run. Classic tax, classic insurance, (pre-1980) and they were built to last and to travel long distances, unlike many European cars of the era. You still see plenty pre-80s cars on the road in the US.

As well as this, they're remarkably easy to work on and parts are readily available new and used off e-Bay. Most have huge online followings in the US which means you can almost always self-diagnose any problems. Add this to classic tax, dirt cheap insurance on a classic policy and it could make sense for someone with a bit of mechanical knowledge doing low miles a year.

Oy maybe this is just just Sunday afternoon wishful thinking :pac:

I see your point, but if I were to run a 5.2 V8 Id rather it be something more appealing to the eye IMO, as in a Classic Mustang or Charger!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭2yung2adm

why has he put it through the NCT system when it is exempt?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Maybe he would have better luck selling it to Top Gear, I'm sure they'll find a good use for it :p

Advertisement