Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How does oddschecker work?

Options
  • 18-07-2010 9:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭

Anyone here know how oddschecker gets all the odds for every bookmaker? Do they have a business relationship with the bookie where they get supplied with the data? Or do they screen scrape off all the bookmakers sites?

Do you reckon it would be difficult to write a application similar to oddschecker?

I noticed this site - http://www.tip-ex.com/v2/0/services.pro.html - could a subscription to this site provide you with all the data necessary to make an oddschecker clone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I take it they're just on a direct feed from the bookmakers' sites so when they change,oddschecker's odds change too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

I think it would be a lot easier if you were able to buy the data from the bookies from something like tip-ex. Trying to stay on top of all the XML feeds would probably be a lot of work and would require constant tweaking given how often layouts and match names change on betting sites.

Advertisement