Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How long does it take to get a GUI handicap?

• 18-07-2010 1:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭

i've been waiting around 2 weeks now, is this normal?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭Tom Ghostwood

Annoy the handicap secretary or annoy someone who'll annoy the handicap secretary. Tell them yer playing an open comp on Wednesday & you need your handicap.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

It depends. Maybe the handicap secretary is on holidays which isn't unusual at this time of year. Also might depend on whether the 3 cards were submitted together in an envelope which makes it easy... Ring or text the handicap secretary to let him know your cards are submitted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Licksy wrote: »
    It depends. Maybe the handicap secretary is on holidays which isn't unusual at this time of year. Also might depend on whether the 3 cards were submitted together in an envelope which makes it easy... Ring or text the handicap secretary to let him know your cards are submitted

I don't think he's away. They were in an envelope. Need it soon :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭Unglika Norse

If the handicap committee meet once a month then thats when they fix your handicap, then it has to be approved by then men's committee so it may take a couple of weeks,give em a prompt without the need to lie as suggested

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Anatom

I got my handicap in a little under 24 hours just over a month ago! It depends entirely how busy or pro-active your Handicap Secretary is!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

Anatom wrote: »
    I got my handicap in a little under 24 hours just over a month ago! It depends entirely how busy or pro-active your Handicap Secretary is!

hhmm.........that sounds a bit quick tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭LittleLiam

heavyballs wrote: »
    hhmm.........that sounds a bit quick tbh

Why? All the handicap sec needs is the three cards. It's not rocket science.

LittleLiam wrote: »
    Why? All the handicap sec needs is the three cards. It's not rocket science.

ah stupid me:rolleyes:,you had already played your 3 rounds,maybe you should have said so;)

Ok this is not right. I have been waiting around 3 weeks now for my handicap and still haven't got mine. And it's not like I haven't done anything about it, I have been asking golf members for ages about it. Grrr :( I have been promised it on Saturday, but I can't be sure.

heavyballs wrote: »
    ah stupid me:rolleyes:,you had already played your 3 rounds,maybe you should have said so;)

Considering the whole thread has related to the three cards having been submitted and discussion centering on how long it would take the handicap sec to process the cards and give the player a handicap, i don't think i needed to. Stupid indeed.

• Advertisement

fjsanchez wrote: »
    Ok this is not right. I have been waiting around 3 weeks now for my handicap and still haven't got mine. And it's not like I haven't done anything about it, I have been asking golf members for ages about it. Grrr :( I have been promised it on Saturday, but I can't be sure.
    pm little liam ,he'll have it sorted in 24 hrs,he says it's not rocket science so...........

Sorry Senior Sanchez, but contrary to popular belief, i'm not actually your handicap secretary. Give him a phone.

LittleLiam wrote: »
    Sorry Senior Sanchez, but contrary to popular belief, i'm not actually your handicap secretary. Give him a phone.
    I never thought for a second that you were :)

Advertisement