Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubs doing microbrews

Options
  • 17-07-2010 11:36pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭

Ello all,

I've just returned from the States and, having started to fall in love in microbrews, I was wondering if there is a list of bars in Ireland (or for me, Dublin) serving microbrews? Pardon if this has already been posted, but I'm well into a couple of Carlow Brewing Co beers (thanks for the tip!) already and my attention span is slipping...

I walked past the Gingerman on Fenian St earlier and I noticed that they were selling pints and pitchers of a number of Franciscan Well beers - €12 a pitcher and €3.50 a pint if memory serves. Does the Bull & Castle still serve a wide range?

The San Diegons (heh) seem to pride themselves as being residents of some sort of beer mecca, and to be honest I don't blame them. Coming back to pints of Carlsberg is a tough 'un. Last year after I visited, I returned to discover that I don't actually like the taste of Heineken, and this year Carlsberg - doesn't leave a lot left on the average Irish pub menu.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

THe list of pubs and restaurants selling Irish craft beer is at http://tinyurl.com/irishbeer. It's a bit rough-and-ready, but it's pretty much up-to-date I think. And yes, the Bull & Castle still has a great range. Don't dismiss Carlow completely until you've tried their Buckley's Golden Ale which the Bull & Castle currently have on cask.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

That's great ta, more than I expected.

I wasn't keen on the Carlow IPA or Curim but the stout and red weren't bad. I'll have to make a trip to the B&C soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 spaceoddity

BeerNut wrote: »
    Don't dismiss Carlow completely until you've tried their Buckley's Golden Ale which the Bull & Castle currently have on cask.

I had the Buckley's in the Bull & Castle a week or so ago - I didn't realise that was from Carlow. Lovely stuff it was - got a Halbe for €3.85 on the night, easy drinking, and 3.9% so you could drink it all night (nearly) and not be too bad the next day.
    Definitely going back for more of it!

Advertisement