Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Email] Annual Rail & Bus Smart Cards in the Short Hop Zone

Options
  • 17-07-2010 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,753 ✭✭✭✭

I signed up for email updates from the taxsaver.ie website, and got the following the other day.

Means nothing to me, but I suspect it might be interesting to a few of ye here. Apologies if this is old news, I did google and didn't come up with anything about it.

It's interesting too how their name comes out in my plain-text email - am picking they'd be mortified if they knew.

Original Message
    Sent: Wednesday, July 14, 2010 4:14 AM
    To: Editor@galwayTransport.info
    Subject: Annual Rail & Bus Smart Cards in the Short Hop Zone

Customers,

Iarnrsd Iireann and Dublin Bus are delighted to announce that anyone ordering a Annual Rail & Bus product will be issued with a Rail Smart Card and a Bus Smart Card from August issue ( ordered on-line by 20th July).

The Smart Cards will apply to Annual Customers who travel in the Short Hop Zone in Dublin as far as Balbriggan, Maynooth, Kilcoole and Hazelhatch.

The new Smart Cards will offer Customers 100% reliability going through train station validators and on the bus reader.

Please note that the new Smart Cards have to be ordered on-line from Iarnrsd Iireann. Contact <<NUMBER SNIPPED TO COMPLY WITH BOARDS POLICIES - PM IF YOU WANT IT OR MAYBE A MOD WILL TELL ME IT'S OK TO PUT BACK 'COS IT'S FROM A PUBLIC OFFICIAL???>> for any further queries.

regards,

Ronan Murphy,
    Iarnrsd Iireann.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭patrickmooney

That's right. I was informed of this last month when picking up my latest replacement card. It's like a monthly trip as the single card breaks all the time. I was told I would have to cancel my annual card and sign up again to avail of this new approach. Pity they couldn't roll it out mid year to currrent card holders.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

some dodgy character set conversion going on for the fada's in that email!

Advertisement