Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price to build and automate gate?

Options
  • 17-07-2010 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'd appreciate if any of you could post or pm a ballpark cost and recommended supplier to build a metal 14 ft gate, fairly standard Selfbuild quality, automate it and add an intercom. Or any parts of the above, adding the intercom can be done using a local electrician if needed.

Thanks!

S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Got 2 quotes for around 2k! One above and one below.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 dpjobrien

From who I'm looking for something similar in navan area

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭voodoo

All,

Was enquiring with a supplier here in Laois and they quoted roughly 2k for underground automation openings with intercom. This price didnt include the gates themselves... thought it was pricey enough...

• Registered Users Posts: 19 thebigb

up around the 2k mark is pretty standard depending where you are in the country. Fitting an automated system is straight forward when you're an experience installer. If they are not fitted properly you will experience problems with them in the future and if they're not commoissioned properly it will affect the warranty. Get them fitted properly and the usual 2 year warranty won't matter because they'll last for years!!!any more questions you can PM me.

Advertisement