Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Birthday Gift for 65 year old woman

Options
  • 17-07-2010 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭

Anyone got good ideas for a birthday gift for my OH's mother, she is 65.

She has EVERYTHING.....loads of jewelery, clothes, accessories, scarves. TONNES of ornaments, picture frames, we got her a digital picture frame for Christmas. She has a sat nav, bluetooth, phone, camera etc. She is a really really good cook and literally has every cookery appliance every made! She knows so much about cookery she wouldnt need a cookery course, and is big into flower arranging and knows lots about it. She teaches music, and we have often got her tickets to different events so we are hoping to come up with something different.

She wouldn't really go for spa treatments etc, and she is away all the time so a weekend away somewhere wouldn't be great either.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SadieSue

Have a look through your old photos. Maybe you will find one of your mam-in-law. You could get it reprinted and put into a nice frame. I found an old photo from the 40's of my parents in law when they were just going out together. They really liked it and like your situation, they have everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

If all the family are going to be around, how about organising a photographer to take a professional photo of the family?

Did it for my mam's 70th and she was delighted.

Advertisement