Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

weird experience

Options
  • 17-07-2010 9:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

A couple of years ago i was cutting silage and was miles from my house so i decided to rest in the tractor for half an hour or so, as i was drifting to sleep i heard in the distance crying me thinking it was the radio didnt take any notice suddenely it is right up beside me crying i coulnd see anyone and it is crying and screaming saying laura laura why now. So i jumped out of the tractor with such fright and in a matter of seconds its completely silence then shortly after my phone rings its brian my friend he sounds upset i ask him whats wrong he said laura my neighbour died suddenely so i drove home and i was talking to the husband and he said she was crying for no reason then she just died. the gardai sealed off the house for technical reasons but the post mortem revealled she died from natural causes. To this day no one believes me, alot of people who read this probably wont either but it did happen.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

that is weird

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

have a similar story here, my mother experianced something similar about 15 years ago.

Mother was talking to her sister in her house at about 11:30, the sister had a new puppy who was sleeping beside the fireplace. mid-conversation the dog wakes up and starts barking at a picture of the virgin mary above the fireplace, dog wouldnt shutup and the mother and aunt put him outside.
    They didnt think much of it, about a half hour later the phone rang, my uncle (who owned the pup) had been in an accident and died, was rescussitated and survived.

might be just a coincidence, but worth mentioning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

OP, were you near Laura's home at the time of hearing this?? could there have been an upset relative nearby??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 knnedy

i was about 40 mins from lauras house. It was like she was beside me but there wasnt anyone there just crying it was creepy stuff. and the radio began to scramble then when the crying stopped the radio was working perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Ticktactoe

Is there any connection between you and this lady Laura appart from been neighbours?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 knnedy

no we were just very good friends like i cut the grass for them went into them nearly every day to see them thats all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

Could it possibly have been an animal you heard?

I'm not rubbishing what happened to you but I have heard cats crying and it's the most awful sound, sort of like a cross between a woman weeping and a baby crying. Foxes make a similar sound. It can sound like a person if you don't know what it is.

Other people might also suggest you heard the Banshee, if you believe in that type of thing ;)

knnedy wrote: »
    suddenely it is right up beside me crying i coulnd see anyone and it is crying and screaming saying laura laura why now.
    Could it possibly have been an animal you heard?

I'm not rubbishing what happened to you but I have heard cats crying and it's the most awful sound, sort of like a cross between a woman weeping and a baby crying. Foxes make a similar sound. It can sound like a person if you don't know what it is.

Other people might also suggest you heard the Banshee, if you believe in that type of thing ;)

I would tend to be thinking alongs those lines only for the quote above. It was too distinct to be an animal or the banshee.

knnedy wrote: »
    no we were just very good friends like i cut the grass for them went into them nearly every day to see them thats all.

Thats a connection.

Was she elderly? Appart from the husband was there any other family members?

Advertisement