Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Birthday prezzie for 10 year old soccer mad boy

Options
  • 17-07-2010 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭

I need advice!

My little brother is 10 soon, and I am trying to come up with something to get him. In the past 2 years he has gotten mad into soccer, and supports Liverpool. He has the three old Liverpool strips and the new Liverpool strip, and has his whole room kitted out in Liverpool stuff, curtains, duvet cover etc etc. He gets footie magazines a lot, and has plenty of posters up.

He is also really into playing football, and has gotten a number of footballs in the past while, including the world cup ball. My parents just got him goals for the lawn.

I have gotten him membership to the Liverpool football clubs. He has loads of liverpool stuff including wallet, training shirt, bag, boot bag etc etc etc!

He has a good few other jerseys including the new Spain strip, Barcelona, a couple of other country strips, Celtic etc.

He is into Wii and has a good few games including Fifa and Pro Evo, and doesnt seem to play it too much as he is really into soccer and spends most of his time outside playing.

I know it sounds like he has a lot, and ya I guess he does, but between my parents, me, and my 2 other siblings who are all older than him, we had gotten him lots of bits, between birthdays and Christmas.

Want to get him something and haven't a clue what to get! He isn't too bothered about the new Liverpool away strip, and the Euro strip isn't out yet.

Anyone have any ideas?? Soccer related? All suggesting welcome!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭branners69

I know my nephew got a pair of customised nike football boots? You can pick the colours and even put his name on them!!

Check this out, not sure how much a pair will set you back!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Mimojo

branners69 wrote: »
    I know my nephew got a pair of customised nike football boots? You can pick the colours and even put his name on them!!

Check this out, not sure how much a pair will set you back!

Excellent idea, would never have thought of it!

Unfortunately he got new boots a few months ago, think they are similar to Steven Gerrards. If not for his birthday, def a great idea for next year, thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

The obvious choice for me if you don't mind spending the money between ye's would be to take him to a match in Anfield and get seats in the Kop if at all possible. There no question, a young liverpool supporter will love this, it's just down to what your willing to spend between ye's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Jakob

I think you need to chill out on the whole football front. Don't get me wrong I love football but why don't you get him a camera or a cheap guitar or something that he doesn't have. Broaden his horizons or somethin' or other, and such. And if you really want to get him something football related how about a retro liverpool shirt or alternatively a Man Utd shirt :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Jakob wrote: »
    I think you need to chill out on the whole football front. Don't get me wrong I love football but why don't you get him a camera or a cheap guitar or something that he doesn't have. Broaden his horizons or somethin' or other, and such. And if you really want to get him something football related how about a retro liverpool shirt or alternatively a Man Utd shirt :D

Don't think ten year olds really appreciate retro shirts,they might just see it as old or even second hand. As another poster said,a liverpool match would be ideal. See if your siblings and parents would chip in and get a few people to give it to him as a present,so it could be reasonable enough.

• Advertisement
Advertisement