Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Day out wine tasting

Options
  • 17-07-2010 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭

Hi I was wondering if someone could help me out. My mothers birthday is coming up and I'd like to give her a voucher or booking for wine tasting as both she and my Dad really like their wines. I don't want to send her on a course as such just an enjoyable day out tasting and learning a bit about different wines. Does such a thing exist and if so where might I find somewhere that does it. Any help would be gratefully appreciated!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,171 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Enowine in the IFSC have a sort of a debit card thing you can load up and sample wines from 40c a go to 2 euro a go.
    http://www.enowine.ie/dublinwinetastingcentre.asp

We had a very helpful and knowledgeable assistant who guided us through the different types of wines.

She'd be well on now if she spent a day at it, but a couple of hours followed by a nice meal upstairs in their restaurant might be nice.
    They may well organise exactly what you're looking for. Worth ringing them anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

spurious wrote: »
    Enowine in the IFSC have a sort of a debit card thing you can load up and sample wines from 40c a go to 2 euro a go.
    http://www.enowine.ie/dublinwinetastingcentre.asp

We had a very helpful and knowledgeable assistant who guided us through the different types of wines.

She'd be well on now if she spent a day at it, but a couple of hours followed by a nice meal upstairs in their restaurant might be nice.
    They may well organise exactly what you're looking for. Worth ringing them anyway.

That's perfect Spurious, exactly what I was looking for, thanks v.much for your help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 sourgrapes

There are also some good tastings coming up in September. If they're Dublin based, then there's an evening in the Yarra Valley (a region near Melbourne).

15th September, Fallon & Byrne, €20 per ticket. There also a couple of good ones by Tim Adams, a winemaker from Clare Valley, near Adelaide. There are three dates/venues.

Tuesday 7th September, Castle Trattoria, Blackrock Castle, Cork.
    Wednesday 8th September, Glor Music Centre, Ennis, Co Clare.
    Thursday 9th September, Café 8, Galway City Museum, Spanish Arch, Galway.

Great winemaker and great wines, and available in Tesco.

Lar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 MOHPremierWine

Check out www.Premierwinetraining.com for one-day wine courses,held regularly. :)

Advertisement