Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaa on betfair

Options
  • 17-07-2010 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭

Obviously I wouldn't be posting this if I had 10k in a betfair account but I'm lookinfg and even now(about 10 minutes aftr Dublin have been knowcked out of the hurling championship), I can Lay E42 against them winning the Liam McCarthy.

Like free money in the truest definition of the phrase?
    Except you need to have the funds available to absorb the "risk", I use inverted commas here to highlight the fact that it's risk free in fact.

So I'm wondering, does this kind of thing happen all the time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,992 ✭✭✭Barr

There is no free money , You will have a big liability of things go wrong (which they do)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Well unless Dublin use a time machine, I think it's pretty much a sure thing.

Like result : Antrim beat Dublin by a point

Am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Just to clarify further, I was awarded winnings for Antrim beating Dublin.

Ergo Dublin are no longer in the championship.

Man I wish I had 10k.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭scheister

but with betfair all bets have to be matched so surely if dublin are out there is no1 to accept the bet therefore there is no bet so it aint a sure thing

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭telecaster

someone had failed to cancel their lay on Dublin to win All Ireland. It's not very ethical to steal their dosh, but if you dont someone else will. It's not very clever of betfair to leave Dublin as a runner in the market when they are now out of the market.

as ever with betting; caveat emptor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Verance

scheister wrote: »
    but with betfair all bets have to be matched so surely if dublin are out there is no1 to accept the bet therefore there is no bet so it aint a sure thing
    ''its better to say nothing and be presumed a fool then speak and remove all doubt.''
    I think your sig very much applies to this post. ;)

Advertisement