Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mobile Mechanic - Wicklow / South Dublin

Options
  • 17-07-2010 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hi all,

The belt for the waterpump and alternator on my Toyota Sera snapped last Thursday night and the car overheated. I pulled over and opened up the bonnet to allow it to cool more quickly, but my hand hit off the top of the coolant reservoir and boiling hot coolant/water shot out burning my left arm to bits and scalding my face.

It turns out the overflow pipe to allow the reservoir to overflow when necessary had melted into itself so the pressure just kept building up inside, eventually blasting the clip-cap off, and due to my unfortunate timing, getting it all over me.

I managed to drive her home, stopping every few hundred meters to cool down a bit, but due to the burns I can't do any work on the car, so I'm looking for recommendations for a mobile mechanic covering North Wicklow / South Dublin. I'm based in Kilpedder, just beside Greystones.

If any of you have any experience with any mobile mechanics and can recommend them to me, or indeed if any of you are mechanics yourselves and wouldn't mind fitting two accessory belts (the engine is Toyota Starlet based, so an easy job), I'll pay the going rate and supply the belts required. I'd usually do all the work on the car myself, but as I said, due to the burns I can't use my left arm / hand.

Preferably like to get the work done today / asap.

All replies or info would be greatly appreciated.

- Gary

(Mods if this violates any part of the charter, please let me know. Cheers.)
    Tagged:

Advertisement