Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] resubbing - which account make any difference?

Options
  • 17-07-2010 2:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭

So I've decided to resub to Eve, again! This will be my fourth time in 5 years, and I still have my log in details for my previous 3 accounts.

All accounts are pretty much the same, never got very far with them so there's very little difference between the characters.

My question is does it make any difference then which account I reactivate? I've got one that was set up in 2005, one that was set up in 2007 and one set up in 2009. Any advantage the older the account is or anything like that??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

no difference really, people might less likely to call you a noob if you've got a character from 2005 (if being called a noob is the kind of thing that upsets you) I would use whichever character has more skillpoints

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Wasn't there a point several years ago at which new characters got significantly more SP than their predecessors? And then another point more recently where they swapped to the policy of starting characters getting crap points again but double training speed?

So I dunno, some of the characters might have more points than the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Yeah, when I first started, newbies had about 800-850k in SPs, spread around based on their race, clan, profession choices.
    Now I think you start with 50k or something.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,269 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Nevore wrote: »
    Yeah, when I first started, newbies had about 800-850k in SPs, spread around based on their race, clan, profession choices.
    Now I think you start with 50k or something.
    You have the same amount but they put them into skills on your character (bought for you).

To OP; only difference as noted is that on the 2005 account you may need to petition to get some free skill points (raised from starting of 100k to 800k) and a completly new account would have free skills already trained and bought. The benefit of an older account are minimal since you're skill points are low and you've got no plans to join a uber PvP corp or similar. I'd honestly consider starting a new one and join Eve University directly instead but that is only me.

Advertisement