Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking at the wave

Options
  • 17-07-2010 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

It's less than 9 months since I lost my mother, suddenly, no warning.

I see the grief as a wave; standing on the shore it's looming over me: a massive black shadow, rushing, closer, building.

I stand there on the edge of the sea; gulping back the fear I wonder: will it engulf me or will I survive?

Sometimes it retreats. Sometimes I fear that I will be swamped.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Persiancowboy

Hi op. Here's anoter way of possibly looking at that "wave" that you see all the time.

Have you ever seen the film "Castaway" with Tom Hanks where he is marooned on an island for years following a plane crash. All those in his life that he loved etc. have given him up for dead and moved on with their lives.

He is very much alive however but is trapped, mainly because of a gigantic wave that acts as a barrier to getting safely off the island and out into open water. His first attempt at getting past it ends badly and it takes him a long time to figure out how to safely navigate a way through it and into calmer waters and ultimately rescue.

Maybe you have to figure out how to get past your "wave".....perhaps in time it will dissipate but perhaps not. If it is the latter then you will have to figure out how to confront it, deal with it and hopefully move out past it to get on with the rest of your life.

Advertisement