Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vodafone 10GB Data add on settings.

• 17-07-2010 12:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭

Hi all

i purchased a 10GB data add on for use on my HTC hero, friday morning and was told it would be working withing an hour.

after numberous attempts to get the settings from Vodafone.ie, they dont exist for this handset.

I called customer care who told me to switch my phone off and on again and they would have sent the settings. I left it off for 2 hours, nothing, turned it on and off plenty times since and it is currently off.

Does anyone know the setting that I should be using for this service or can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks for your help but I dont know whether the data is GPRS, 3G, etc and no matter how many posts I read, I am unsure and dont want to put the wrong settings in and get a massive bill for no reason when I have the 10gb allowance.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

you can request the settings by email, i did so for my htc touch pro 2 recently.

i've attached the touch pro 2 settings file (.xls), i know the hero is android but there must be somewhere similar to enter settings?

let me know if this helps

edit: i have the 10Gb add on too, and it's important to make sure you're using isp.vodafone.ie to connect to the internet and not live.vodafone.ie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Tikkat3

coolmoose wrote: »
    you can request the settings by email, i did so for my htc touch pro 2 recently.

i've attached the touch pro 2 settings file (.xls), i know the hero is android but there must be somewhere similar to enter settings?

let me know if this helps

edit: i have the 10Gb add on too, and it's important to make sure you're using isp.vodafone.ie to connect to the internet and not live.vodafone.ie.

Thanks so much Coolmoose,

I got an email this morning from Vodafone and they stated that I use the following which has me confused as its the saying use vodafone live rather than isp.vodafone.ie

I just emailed them to see if I get a response

Will keep you posted and if anyone can explain the differences, that would be great. I just dont want to end up with a huge bill after paying for the 10GB allowance

Manufacturer & model : HTC Desire same as HERO

Live! GPRS Settings Menu (lefthand softkey), settings, Wireless & networks, Mobile networks, Mobile networks, Access Point Names. Press Menu button and then 'New APN' and enter the following values: Name: Vodafone Live! APN: live.vodafone.com Proxy: 10.24.59.100 Port: 80 All the other fields can be left blank, just make sure that the following fields (at the bottom of the list) are filled in as follows: MCC: 272 MNC: 01 APN type: default Press Menu button and then 'Save'.

no definitely isp.vodafone.ie for the 10Gb add-on. I hadn't set up the isp.vodafone.ie for the first day with the touch pro 2 and was charged for it (81c) See extract from my bill below.

Once i had changed the settings to isp.vodafone.ie later that day I was not charged (+ indicated the usage was within my 10Gb add-on). Log in to My Vodafone and see if you have a 10Gb data allowance assigned to your account.

no definitely isp.vodafone.ie for the 10Gb add-on. I hadn't set up the isp.vodafone.ie for the first 2 days with the touch pro 2 and was charged for it (81c) See extract from my bill below.

Once i had changed the settings to isp.vodafone.ie later that day I was not charged (+ indicated the usage was within my 10Gb add-on). Log in to My Vodafone and see if you have a 10Gb data allowance assigned to your account.

Thanks coolmoose

Really annoyed with them as I have the 10 GB allowance showing on my account.

I am going to call them now again as its ridiculous if they cant provide the correct settings.

Thanks for your help.

I will keep you posted.

cheers!

ya that is ridiculous...hope you get it sorted.

best bet is to keep an eye on your usage on My Vodafone anyway and you'll know for sure!

No hassle, let me know how you get on!

• Advertisement

ya that is ridiculous...hope you get it sorted.

best bet is to keep an eye on your usage on My Vodafone anyway and you'll know for sure!

No hassle, let me know how you get on!

Finally got this back to try:

hs.vodafone.ie
    username: vodafone
    password: vodafone

or alternatively
    isp.vodafone.ie
    same username & password as above

with the previous settings as I outlined below to connect through live.vodafone.com

So still no connection unless I go through live, which even the guy on the phon said was wrong and would incur and extra cost per MB and not use my 10GB allowance whatsoever?

Really stuck now :confused:

did you try the settings in the xls file above? they worked straight away for me? leave the dns, proxy etc blank, use only the settings that were in that file...see if that works?

Live! will cost you a fortune and has nothing to do with your 10Gb add-on so that's pointless.

did you try the settings in the xls file above? they worked straight away for me? leave the dns, proxy etc blank, use only the settings that were in that file...see if that works?

Live! will cost you a fortune and has nothing to do with your 10Gb add-on so that's pointless.

Hi coolmoose,

There were some parts in the xls that the options were different in the hero for but I got it working. The final guy i talked to sent me the following and reckoned they would be best for the 10gb and best of all they worked :D

First of all, delete any settings you have in at the moment for APNs.
    HS Settings
    1. From the main menu select Settings.
    2. Select Wireless & Networks.
    3. Select Mobile Networks.
    4. Select Access point names.
    5. Press the Menu button and select New APN.
    6. Set Name to HSDPA.
    7. Set APN to hs.vodafone.ie.

8.set username to "vodafone" and password to "vodafone"
    9. All the other fields can be left blank, just make sure that the following fields (at the bottom of the list) are filled in as follows.
    10*. Set MCC to 272.
    11*. Set MNC to 01.
    12. Press Menu button and then Save.

excellent, you're sorted so! finally! :) figured some settings would be different, i'm not up on Android OS at all!

happy surfing! :)

cheers for your help,

he did say that the isp. one you suggested would work but he felt the hs. one was better with HSDPA service so maybe worth trying on your phone too :) I am just happy to have it working lol

• Advertisement

no probs, glad u got it working. will give hs. a bash there now, thanks!

no probs, glad u got it working. will give hs. a bash there now, thanks!

check this out, sounds like the guy knew what he was recommending after all, well for some phones anyway :)http://forum.vodafone.ie/index.php?/topic/428-apn-speed-test/

seems the same, i've been getting HSDPA speeds on isp.vodafone.ie since last year with Treo Pro, think the isp APN was upgraded to HSDPA speed.

thanks though!

No worries, I really appreciated your help.

thanks a million, it was so frustrating being sent the wrong settings repeatedly

Advertisement