Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Redmond's and Sierra Nevada

Options
  • 16-07-2010 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

Hey,

My boyfriend was passing Redmond's earlier and popped in to find that Sierra Nevada was on a 4 for 10 quid offer - including Torpedo :) Can't wait to get stuck in to that... unfortunately the harvest wet hop ale wasn't included in the deal but what can you do!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Most off licences which stock Sierra Nevada have the same offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Oh I sure could go for some Sierra Nevada Summerfest beer. I grow tired of the Pale Ale.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

nosietoes wrote: »
    Hey,

My boyfriend was passing Redmond's earlier and popped in to find that Sierra Nevada was on a 4 for 10 quid offer - including Torpedo :) Can't wait to get stuck in to that... unfortunately the harvest wet hop ale wasn't included in the deal but what can you do!

Carvil's have 5 bottles for €11; well worth the extra five minutes walk:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Laphroaig52

Superquinn are selling Sierra Nevada now. (Thanks Fergal!)

It's €2,49 a bottle but it is included in their world beers offer so you can buy 6bottles for €12.

€2 a bottle! It's great...(Hic!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭ShumanTheHuman

Flyer28 wrote: »
    Superquinn are selling Sierra Nevada now. (Thanks Fergal!)

It's €2,49 a bottle but it is included in their world beers offer so you can buy 6bottles for €12.

€2 a bottle! It's great...(Hic!)

Is that just the Pale Ale or do they stock a range?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Simon Adebisi

Is that just the Pale Ale or do they stock a range?

Ive only seen the pale ale in there. Now if i could find a place that stocked Pale Ale, Pilsner Urquell and Lapin Kulta id be in alcoholic heaven.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Superquinn Ranelagh has none was there earlier, apart from the usual rubbish (Bud, Coors, Miller etc) it had a few bottles of o haras stout and 3 Innovation so much for World Beers, picked up 4 for a tenner in Redmonds, 2 Bigfoot, 1 Porter and 1 Summerfest, none of which I've tasted before, just opened Summerfest, is deliciously crisp and full of flavour, also the aftertaste is fantastic, nicest lager I've had in ages, (why don't the big brewers make lager like this it would go down a bomb? I reckon its cheaper to make the pissy stuff?) Looking forward to the rest of them! (Btw which Superquinns has them?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Laphroaig52

don't the big brewers make lager like this it would go down a bomb?

Sadly it wouldn't. There is a mass market for bland, tasteless beer. I have tried to introduce Sam Adams to many of my beer drinking fellow conspirators who have all rejected it and opted for 'Bud Lite' (Please!). One even had the audacity to tell me that Sam had 'too much taste'. That's fine then . All the more for me.
    (Btw which Superquinns has them?)

I got it in Superquinn in Limerick. But it's all gone now. I found the last six bottles lurking in the back of the shelf this afternoon.

Sounds like the off licence manager in Superquinn Ranelagh needs a kick in the backside. With the competition across the road, they'd want to buck their ideas up.

Advertisement