Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax relief for second postgrad?

Options
  • 16-07-2010 10:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭

Is there a limit on the tax relief you can claim for postgrad fees? That is, can you only claim relief on the first masters you do, or if you do a second can you claim again (once it is not in the same year obviously!) The revenue site didn't mention any such restriction (I read the relevant leaflet) but I didn't want to get my hopes up!

Comments

My understanding of it is that you can get a grant/tax relief/any benefit for the first qualification only, the second is unfortunately completely up to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Dónal wrote: »
    My understanding of it is that you can get a grant/tax relief/any benefit for the first qualification only, the second is unfortunately completely up to you.

Thanks Donal - I vaguesly figured that myself but saw no mention to that effect in the Revenue leaflet so being an optimist I figured I might be able to squeeze some tax relief from the fees after all lol!

Advertisement