Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike Rack extension

Options
  • 16-07-2010 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

I have a fitted 3 bike rack (Possibly Fiamma, with blue tips). I am looking to add a fourth rail, but there is no room on the support bar. Does anyone know if there is any extension kit to add the 4th Bike?

On the support rail, there are 2 sets of holes, which look like they may have been used to fit extension bars in the past, but I cannot find anything on the web.

Any help is much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

zoltar_boi wrote: »
    I have a fitted 3 bike rack (Possibly Fiamma, with blue tips). I am looking to add a fourth rail, but there is no room on the support bar. Does anyone know if there is any extension kit to add the 4th Bike?

On the support rail, there are 2 sets of holes, which look like they may have been used to fit extension bars in the past, but I cannot find anything on the web.

Any help is much appreciated.

The racks with the blue tips are probably omnistor. THey have quite a good site. http://www.omnistor.com/gb/service/servicemenu.php

There is a mention of a fourth rail kit for one of the racks.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭zoltar_boi

Thanks Kol.

I had a look, but nothing suits. I think given the age of mine, I will need to replace or modify it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

They sell the lower piece with 4 rails as an individual unit which should be a straight swap for the 3 rail as the piece that attaches to the MH is the same for both.

Thanks again, but the fittings look totally different. I might pop into Donagheys in a couple of weeks. Am heading to Ballyshannon and might bring in the van and see if they can help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

It's an awful lot of weight bouncing on the back wall of a camper , every time you go over a bump . I won't actually fit a 4 railer any more on new campers , seen too many damaging the wall .

• Advertisement

Aidan,

Thanks for the tip - was something that had crossed our minds, but your the first in the trade to mention it. Appreciate it.

Might just take the decision to leave one of the kids at home (or the misses for a quiet life! :D)

M

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

zoltar_boi wrote: »
    Aidan,

Thanks for the tip - was something that had crossed our minds, but your the first in the trade to mention it. Appreciate it.

Might just take the decision to leave one of the kids at home (or the misses for a quiet life! :D)

M

No no no no no !!! You have it all wrong..!!!

Stay at home and send them off without you!:p

Advertisement