Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin v Armagh

Options
  • 16-07-2010 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,245 ✭✭✭

Whats the bet in this game lads.

l cant belive Armagh are 13/8 2nd fav's.

Surely Dublin should'nt be fav are this years performances.

Im also looking at Armagh -1 at 9/4 and Armagh -2 at 7/2.

Am l missing something or have Armagh gone sh1te aswell?

13/8 looks the bet of the day tomorrow to me.

Only one thing stoping me going huge on this is the bloody refs are very poor and anything can happen this year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Sir Vival

robbie1977 wrote: »
    Whats the bet in this game lads.

l cant belive Armagh are 13/8 2nd fav's.

Surely Dublin should'nt be fav are this years performances.

Im also looking at Armagh -1 at 9/4 and Armagh -2 at 7/2.

Am l missing something or have Armagh gone sh1te aswell?

13/8 looks the bet of the day tomorrow to me.

Only one thing stoping me going huge on this is the bloody refs are very poor and anything can happen this year.

There are a lot of mixed opinions on this game but i believe dublin will win and are worthy favourites.

Armagh are a shadow of the team that they were 5 or 6 years ago. Just look at their team. No household names except stevie mc (and perhaps kernan). The rest of the forward are journeymen, hard working but no real scoring threat. Clarke in the corner looks promising but i still dont feel that they have enough to get 15 or 16 pts which i believe they will need to beat dublin. Meanwhile dublin have the brogan's (who will get them 9 or 10 pts between them) as well as O'gara who although hasn't been prolific so far offers a goal threat. Both teams backlines are pretty poor which was clear to see in their respective provincial championships so i see it as a match up off who's forwards can perform best which leads me to dublin. Also i think what dublin lose in footballing ablilty they will make up for in fitness tomorrow. Croke park has to be a factor also..

im still gonna stay away from betting on it though, might include them in a small accumalator as i have a bigger bet on other gaa games being played at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,245 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Thanks for the reply vival.
    I might just stick a small bet on the -1 and -2 then for the interest then
    because of the odds.
    Just out of curiousity whats your nap of the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Sir Vival

robbie1977 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply vival.
    I might just stick a small bet on the -1 and -2 then for the interest then
    because of the odds.
    Just out of curiousity whats your nap of the weekend?

It's on my log in the challenges/logs section. It's an accumalator with
    (1) wexford vs. cork
    (2) dublin u-21 hurlers vs. wexford u-21 hurlers (which is a winner)
    (3) offaly vs. down
    (4) sligo vs. roscommon

it works out at just under 1.5/1, i know not that big but i've put pretty much all my bank on it so 95% sure of it coming through

I've done a small preview as well in my log if you want to have a look. Would have probably done small handicaps in the cork and down game except they weren't available when i made the bet on wednesday.

Im gonna stay away from the ulster final and the derry/kildare match also i as just see them as pretty much a coin toss.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,245 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Great log Sir Vival l'l keep an eye on it thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Fancy Armagh too, think they will just out-muscle Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

Warper wrote: »
    Fancy Armagh too, think they will just out-muscle Dublin.

agree too,will not be a game for the purists me thinks

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭whatsupdoc?

Powers shop special are evens Dublin double Hurling and Football.
    8/11 and 1/8 must be worth a look?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

delighted to see dublin win,,there a team who have committed a lot of effort over the last number of years and deservingly won easyish today.
    b borgan was in a class of his own and should of gotten motm,,in fairness like...:rolleyes:

Advertisement