Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlow i.t

Options
  • 16-07-2010 9:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hey all,Im pretty new to this but Im just wondering ,generally, what is Carlow I.T. like?!(socially/lecturers?!) Is Carraig Abhainn a nice place to live?!I have Carlow I.T down as my number one on the CAO!;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭veXual

Social scene is quite good you have The Foundry and Temple nite clubs lots of pubs such as Scraggs Alley, Gully's etc. I had a ball down there the last three years.

Carraig Abhainn is ideal for 1st years right beside the college and generally has lots of first years living there so should be able to meet plenty of people.

College itself is good too. Good facilities.

It's really what you make of it yourself though just get down there and enjoy yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Minglex

thanks a million!!I won't be 18 for the first few months of college though,I hope it won't make a huge difference? Are they strict on ID in the clubs/pubs?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Minglex wrote: »
    thanks a million!!I won't be 18 for the first few months of college though,I hope it won't make a huge difference? Are they strict on ID in the clubs/pubs?

Yes. Almost every pub has a doorman who will ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Protagonist

There's always ways around that, won't take you long to pick them up ;]

Advertisement